Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Vivobook M513UA-EJ033T
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:8GB Memory (4GB + 4GB), 512GB SSD.
Local Asus Service refused to replace the 4GB on slot by 16GB stick because they cannot guarantee its stability but they are not confident 100% that the 16GB stick will crash the system.
Does Asus confirm that the 16GB memory stick will make system crash? even cannot boot up into Windows? Since i really need 16GB system memory at least so that i will take the risk of stability, just want to know if Asus already tested and totally confident that it is impossible to use 16gb for this laptop
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
naquan
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: Vivobook M513UA-EJ033T
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:8GB Memory (4GB + 4GB), 512GB SSD.

Local Asus Service refused to replace the 4GB on slot by 16GB stick because they cannot guarantee its stability but they are not confident 100% that the 16GB stick will crash the system.

Does Asus confirm that the 16GB memory stick will make system crash? even cannot boot up into Windows? Since i really need 16GB system memory at least so that i will take the risk of stability, just want to know if Asus already tested and totally confident that it is impossible to use 16gb for this laptop

Memory upgrade of Vivobook M513UA-EJ033T
@naquan
The model already has one onboard memory , and it only has one replaceable memory slot can be used.
Regarding this memory slot, you can insert a 8GB memory to use. (DDR4 3200 SO-D 8GB 260P)
If you want to install a 16GB memory, we cannot guarantee its stability and compatibility with you.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

naquan
Star I
OK, thanks
I will try 16GB memory stick by myself,
Buying this laptop is a big disappointment so far, too much inconvenience and bad support from Asus service.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.