This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop problems

devang2001
Star I

I purchased an Asus VivoBook S15, Core i5 10th generation, in January 2020. Over the years, I’ve encountered numerous issues despite regularly updating the software and even upgrading to Windows 11. The problems persisted regardless of these updates.

One of the most severe issues I faced was with the battery. At one point, the laptop went from fully charged to 0% in less than two minutes and would often shut down abruptly when unplugged. I eventually had to replace the battery because it became impossible to charge properly. Even after the replacement, the laptop continued to exhibit strange behavior, but I still managed to use it.

However, the biggest issue occurred just before an important interview. As soon as I opened the laptop, the entire frame and body unexpectedly broke apart. Cracks ran through the body, separating most of the screen from the laptop itself. I managed to temporarily fix it, but I’m still dealing with serious structural issues. For instance, I can no longer close the laptop without risking further damage, as it might completely fall apart. Even the keys are braking now and  some are not even working. I tried tot contact the customer care and service center but they replied with comments like "exchange and buy a new one", "nothing we can do". I invested Rs.67000 for the project , expecting I will be using it for a long time, this is the quality you are providing? I went to the service center also but mostly said that the frame is not available or it will cost around 5k-8k more .  

Now I want to ask , what kind of support can I expect from Asus for these ongoing issues, particularly the frame damage?

1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS

@devang2001 
Unfortunately, based on the situation you described, if you wish to continue using the laptop, we still recommend that you take it to a service center to have the relevant parts replaced. 
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 

Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.