This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus vivobook battery wear

nejoo
Star I

I am the proud owner of a vivobook m513u with very nice oled screen, I am so happy of this laptop that i regret not buying two or more at the time... The laptop has 2 years but in the first year was practically never used and in the second year I used it for work 4 days / week. The problem is that my battery has registered only 47 discharge cycles and today has a 45% wear. I've read I could press the power button for 40 seconds to do some sort of battery recalibration, nothing changed, then I totally discharged the battery letting the laptop die in bios (and it died at 18% remaining...) After this I lost another 8% of life (yesterday the wear level was 37) . Is there anything else I can do to try to reset the battery? I've read it should provide 80% capacity after 300 cycles. Consider I have also used the battery save function to never charge it more than 80%. Do I have a defective battery? Thanks for help

1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS

@nejoo 
We recommend referring to the following FAQ to perform an initial battery check using MyASUS.
Troubleshooting - Device’s Battery not supplying power/charging, Battery not charging to full, Unabl...
Run battery issue diagnosis via MyASUS

1. Type and search [MyASUS] in the Windows search bar①, then click [Open]②. (The left-side search illustration below is in Windows 11, and the right-side is Windows 10.)       
Note: If you cannot find MyASUS, it may not be installed on your device. Refer to How to install MyASUS.

2. In MyASUS app, click[System Diagnosis]③. 
Note: If your device does not display the system diagnosis page in MyASUS software, it means your device does not support this feature. Continue to the next 
3. section for further troubleshooting. Here you can learn more about Why can I only see the partial features in the MyASUS app.

In [Diagnostic Tool]④, click [Battery problems] item⑤. Here you can learn more about MyASUS System Diagnosis - Introduction.    

4. Connect the device to power and click [Checkup]⑥.    

5. After the check, click [Results]⑦. If errors are detected, try the troubleshooting suggestions provided by MyASUS. If the problem persists, proceed to the next troubleshooting step. 

If the battery fails the check, it may be due to aging, and we suggest taking it to a service center for further inspection.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 

Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.