This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I connect two external monitors?

cenglish1969
Star I
I have the X515 and have one external monitor connected by HDMI, which is working well, but I am unable to connect another monitor--I have tried it connected to a hub, but it does not work. Is this something that I am able to do with an accessory cable, or do I need a docking station?
5 REPLIES 5

DanielP
Star I
I also have a X515 and want to add a third display using the USB-C port and a adapter. It does not work because Windows 11 says "The connection to Display could be limited"

Falcon_ASUS
cenglish1969

I have the X515 and have one external monitor connected by HDMI, which is working well, but I am unable to connect another monitor--I have tried it connected to a hub, but it does not work. Is this something that I am able to do with an accessory cable, or do I need a docking station?

How do I connect two external monitors?
@cenglish1969
May I know the full model name of the laptop you are using and how is your external monitor be connected?
Please provide me with a photo for confirmation.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 
[Notebook] How to check the model name and BIOS version | Official Support | ASUS Global

cenglish1969
Star I
image.png
Here is the info requested.

Falcon_ASUS
cenglish1969

image.png

Here is the info requested.

View post
@cenglish1969
Sorry, may I know how is your external monitor be connected?
Please take a picture of how the laptop is connected to the external monitor and provide it to me for confirmation.
Thank you.