This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug where Nvidia GPU gets stuck at 210mhz

ttnuagmada
Star II

Ok, so this thread  describes the issue I'm having. Basically, if i try to update GPU drivers, the GPU thinks it's pulling 752w and then gets stuck at 210mhz.  It works fine with the latest Nvidia drivers for my laptop off of Asus site, but those are a year and a half old at this point. 

Does anyone know what course of action to take here? I think im past my warranty period, but this doesn't feel like something i should have to send my laptop in for. I'm assuming there's a newer version of the vbios that would fix this, or at the very least, a version of the Asus Nvidia driver that's not a year and a half old.

I have a Vivobook Pro 16 with the 3050 Ti and the AMD 5900HX (M7600QE OLED)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ttnuagmada
Star II

Ok, so i fixed the problem by finding another vbios by another laptop vendor and flashing the GPU myself. Now it works fine even on regular Nvidia drivers.  pretty pathetic ASUS. I've seen this problem mentioned all over the place for several different Asus model laptops,  and that's just the people who managed to figure out what was going on, which is likely to only be a small fraction. The rest just probably thought the GPU was slow.  Geforce Experience will ask you to update drivers even from the stock ASUS driver, so im sure tons of people have done that and didn't realize they made their laptop slower.

Fix your crap ASUS.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS

@ttnuagmada
If you have confirmed that the current BIOS version, system version, and graphics card driver have all been updated to the latest versions, but the issue still persists without improvement, it is recommended that you try restoring the system for verification.
If the situation remains the same, please take your laptop to our repair center for further inspection to determine if it is caused by a motherboard or graphics card malfunction.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 

Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

ttnuagmada
Star II

If it's a vbios issue like that thread i linked seems to indicate, I'd really hate to have to spend money to fix something I can easily do on my own. 

ttnuagmada
Star II

Ok, so i fixed the problem by finding another vbios by another laptop vendor and flashing the GPU myself. Now it works fine even on regular Nvidia drivers.  pretty pathetic ASUS. I've seen this problem mentioned all over the place for several different Asus model laptops,  and that's just the people who managed to figure out what was going on, which is likely to only be a small fraction. The rest just probably thought the GPU was slow.  Geforce Experience will ask you to update drivers even from the stock ASUS driver, so im sure tons of people have done that and didn't realize they made their laptop slower.

Fix your crap ASUS.