This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new but faulty!

moatejack
Star I
Just gifted a brand new vivobook today. Opened it up, removed all packaging etc and started the instructed 3 hr charge before use. Charger working all fine and light is on indicating so etc.
1 hrs in I hear a high pitched pop and an electrical smell. Uh oh. I go over and charger has stopped working, but most importantly, brand new out the box laptop isn't working at all, won't turn on.
I flip it around to smell that plastic electric smell from the vents. My mains is all good, lights I plug in work and I've had no problems with my electrics.
I have a 12m warranty and have a bone to pick with Asus as all I did was plug it in! Didn't even get 1 use out of it. Has anybody ever heard of this happening with a brand new product?
2 REPLIES 2

moatejack
Star I
I am hoping everything goes smoothly with warranty

Falcon_ASUS
moatejack

Just gifted a brand new vivobook today. Opened it up, removed all packaging etc and started the instructed 3 hr charge before use. Charger working all fine and light is on indicating so etc.

1 hrs in I hear a high pitched pop and an electrical smell. Uh oh. I go over and charger has stopped working, but most importantly, brand new out the box laptop isn't working at all, won't turn on.

I flip it around to smell that plastic electric smell from the vents. My mains is all good, lights I plug in work and I've had no problems with my electrics.

I have a 12m warranty and have a bone to pick with Asus as all I did was plug it in! Didn't even get 1 use out of it. Has anybody ever heard of this happening with a brand new product?

Brand new but faulty!
@moatejack
I apologize for the inconvenience caused. If there is a problem with the newly purchased laptop, I would suggest that you report it to the dealer to confirm whether it can be returned or exchanged. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.