This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain after shutdown

zayf
Star I

Hello, I have Vivobook S15 OLED S3502ZA. I am experiencing battery drain after shutdown on this new device. Now it usually drains 7-8% while shutdown per day but earlier there was only about 2% drain per 24hr during shutdown but  Also one thing to mention that in battery usage, it shows  "Screen on" time 'XX hours' even if the pc is shutdown during the period, as shown in the picture.

The picture shows battery stats for 7 days while it was shutdown.

I have applied disabled fast startup, hibernation, set  performance to balanced mode, I shutdown properly and my system is up-to-date but the issue still persists. Anybody got the solution? Any sort of help would be much appreciated. 

10 REPLIES 10

Falcon_ASUS

@zayf
Have you updated your BIOS to the latest version? 
Could you provide a screenshot after charging the battery to 100% and then shutting down the laptop for a while for us to verify?
Thank you.

I recently updated my bios to the latest version.

I have charged the pc to 100% yesterday (i usually limit it to 80%) and here's the screenshot after 24+ hr shutdown.

@zayf
Based on your image, it does appear that there is a battery drain issue. 
Could I confirm with you again, how long your laptop is shut down for, and what percentage the battery drops from 100% to? 
If you've already updated the BIOS to the latest version, to rule out whether it's a system abnormality causing the issue, I would recommend backing up your data, restoring the laptop, and then checking again.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

It often drains at a fixed rate, 7 to 8% per 24 hours. When i checked, it dropped to 93% the next day after full charging. I would also like to mention that I reset the pc (keep my files) a few days ago but no luck!. I will do a complete reset and give you an update.