This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus vivobook pro 16 OLED showing Crushed blacks in SDR in Discrete GPU mode

Vadanaravinda
Star I

My asus vivobook pro 16 oled having severe black crush in discrete gpu mode and also at 120hz in hybrid mode.

No tweaks from changing color profiles to resetting pc and even bios didnt worked. 

Even though laptop had given for service and the mother board and display had been replaced in the process but still the issue persists.

IMG_20240527_224800.jpg⬆ The above image had black crush in first row squares at 120hz

IMG_20240527_224843.jpg⬆ The above image had visible first row squares in the pattern at 60hz.

• Same goes with discrete gpu mode but at 120hz the black crush is a bit more aggressive. 

The link below is the representation of this balck crush in my laptop with pictures and many others who owned the same model depicting the same issue

https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/s/wxC7ONDc4d 

21 REPLIES 21

But why is the difference between 60hz and 120hz and even turning on Discrete GPU mode highly crushing black detail in this model

@Vadanaravinda
This is due to the settings of the screen frequency. As visual perception is subjective, we apologize for any inconvenience caused.