10-10-2020 08:42 AM
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: ROG 2 (8/128) Indian
- Firmware Version:WW_Phone-16.0631.1910.64-0
- Rooted or not: Non Rooted
- Frequency of Occurrence:
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
Hello guys, I was one those customers who bought ROG Phone 2 in the first sale on Flipkart. I was one of those users who asked continuously for Asus to release Android 10 here in Zentalks. Usually when ever there is a big platform update I refrain updating it so that I could see if there are major bugs that are present in the update. I did same thing for A10. As I saw lots for users complaining about random restarts after A10 update, I didn't dare to update mine. So its been a while since and lot of things happened.
Now my concerns are,
- I'm on Android 9 still. NO reboots, NO blackouts, NO heating issues. This shows my hardware had no issues so....
- Is random restart issue caused because of software(causing hardware issue)?. Since MODS have confirmed that it is a hardware issue and needs repair, if I update now, will my phone get hardware issue too?
- I'm concerned because few users mentioned that reboots started only after A10 update.
- Can software wreck properly working hardware? I'm asking in ROG's context.
- Users also mentioned that rolling back to A9 didn't fix issue after getting it from A10 update.
I'm a working professional indirectly assisting COVID services, mostly busy and cannot allocate time for visits to Service center ( which is 120KMs away from my location). Should I give a shot now? Because my warranty runs out in October and I need to workout anything before this period.
Or should I wait for more info about this?
Any advice would be helpful.
Should I upgrade to Android 10?
kchinnavigneshrajaSo in a brief, what I say is,
Hello community. I've got my ROG Phone 2 a week ago and I'm having a great time with it, except for few issues.
Now I found that "Bass" bar in AudioWizard is functioning in the opposite way.
Issue I found: The bass should improve when we increase the level, but I see that Bass is more when it is kept at "0" than increasing it. Sound felt different and bass was extremely flat when I set it above "10".
Apps tested with: Prime Music and Youtube Music.
Tested with: Sony MDR-XB55, Sony WH-H900N, Sony MDR- XB450 and LG HBS-920(Wireless)
I'm not expert in audio terms but its obvious that Bass is more effective in "0" level. This is happening in any Audio mode like DTS X etc....
Firmware version:- WW_16.0631.1908.12_0
I request other ROG Phone 2 users to test it and report.
Broken Bass function in Audio Wizard(?)
10-19-2020 08:06 AM
10-19-2020 09:41 AM
Dkz89So you opened your back panel and fixed the button issue your self?
To be honest to you guys who have power button or volume rocker sometime stuck or unable to press I too experience this until I crack my back glass and I crack it more myself amazingly for this 2 month nothing happen. Work like charm and with clicky sound some more like brand new. With this solution I think is the build quality issue that effect it. Of course not ask u guy to break it like me
10-19-2020 08:18 PM
kchinnavigneshrajaNo I never crack open it just drop and crack and I never replace it since will not use more than a year so I just leave it. It just so weird once glass crack everything seem to work like brand new button.
So you opened your back panel and fixed the button issue your self?
Did you put back you broken back glass or got a new one?