Should I upgrade to Android 10?
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: ROG 2 (8/128) Indian
- Firmware Version:WW_Phone-16.0631.1910.64-0
- Rooted or not: Non Rooted
- Frequency of Occurrence:
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
Hello guys, I was one those customers who bought ROG Phone 2 in the first sale on Flipkart. I was one of those users who asked continuously for Asus to release Android 10 here in Zentalks. Usually when ever there is a big platform update I refrain updating it so that I could see if there are major bugs that are present in the update. I did same thing for A10. As I saw lots for users complaining about random restarts after A10 update, I didn't dare to update mine. So its been a while since and lot of things happened.
Now my concerns are,
- I'm on Android 9 still. NO reboots, NO blackouts, NO heating issues. This shows my hardware had no issues so....
- Is random restart issue caused because of software(causing hardware issue)?. Since MODS have confirmed that it is a hardware issue and needs repair, if I update now, will my phone get hardware issue too?
- I'm concerned because few users mentioned that reboots started only after A10 update.
- Can software wreck properly working hardware? I'm asking in ROG's context.
- Users also mentioned that rolling back to A9 didn't fix issue after getting it from A10 update.
I'm a working professional indirectly assisting COVID services, mostly busy and cannot allocate time for visits to Service center ( which is 120KMs away from my location). Should I give a shot now? Because my warranty runs out in October and I need to workout anything before this period.
Or should I wait for more info about this?
Any advice would be helpful.