kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 2 (8/128GB)
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2009.49
Rooted or not: NON Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello everyone. This post is follow-up for the query I posted earlier. I'm creating new post since mods closed old one.
kchinnavigneshraja

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG 2 (8/128) Indian
  2. Firmware Version:WW_Phone-16.0631.1910.64-0
  3. Rooted or not: Non Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hello guys, I was one those customers who bought ROG Phone 2 in the first sale on Flipkart. I was one of those users who asked continuously for Asus to release Android 10 here in Zentalks. Usually when ever there is a big platform update I refrain updating it so that I could see if there are major bugs that are present in the update. I did same thing for A10. As I saw lots for users complaining about random restarts after A10 update, I didn't dare to update mine. So its been a while since and lot of things happened.

Now my concerns are,

1. I'm on Android 9 still. NO reboots, NO blackouts, NO heating issues. This shows my hardware had no issues so....
  2. Is random restart issue caused because of software(causing hardware issue)?. Since MODS have confirmed that it is a hardware issue and needs repair, if I update now, will my phone get hardware issue too?
  3. I'm concerned because few users mentioned that reboots started only after A10 update.
  4. Can software wreck properly working hardware? I'm asking in ROG's context.
  5. Users also mentioned that rolling back to A9 didn't fix issue after getting it from A10 update.

I'm a working professional indirectly assisting COVID services, mostly busy and cannot allocate time for visits to Service center ( which is 120KMs away from my location). Should I give a shot now? Because my warranty runs out in October and I need to workout anything before this period.

Or should I wait for more info about this?

Any advice would be helpful.

Should I upgrade to Android 10?
-------------Point- 1------------------------
I was in dilemma whether to update or not update to A10 since lot of people got random reboot after upgrade. I finally dared to upgrade since my warranty was running out and I had to rule out if my device had any issues.
I upgraded directly via OTAs. I didn't even do a reset.
I'm happy to report that device is performing without any reboot issues or blackouts. I pushed the device hard by playing PUBG while 30w charging and in X mode at a time. Still NO restart or blackout so I think my hardware is fine. No heating issue either during normal usage, but idle temps are a bit higher than A9.
Battery backup is also not so bad but definitely lesser compared to A9.
-----------Point -2------------------
My phone's power button went mushy a week ago. My phone's warranty was very short, 7 days left when this issue popped up. I saw few Telegram users having same issue submitted their phone to fix power button and ended up getting poorly repaired devices with new hardware failures (air triggers stopped working after servicing). So I didn't dare to go to service since I'm not in situation to deal with the entire ordeal.
So a small note to mods, pass this feedback to Asus India. No one is confident about service centers in India. People are ending but re-submitting phones due to poor workmanship. Service centers are creating new problems trying to fix old ones. I'm not ready to make rounds to service centers . So ask them to hire/train technicians properly. No one should ever be afraid of going to service centers and decide to live with problems.
--------------- Point- 3 ---------------------
Bass bug that was reported by me in Android 9 is still not fixed. Mods confirmed to identify it and said a fix will be à part of A10, but it still exists. Bass bar tweaks bass weirdly. Follow the link below to know about it. I can confirm it is NOT fixed.
kchinnavigneshraja

Hello community. I've got my ROG Phone 2 a week ago and I'm having a great time with it, except for few issues.

Now I found that "Bass" bar in AudioWizard is functioning in the opposite way.

Issue I found: The bass should improve when we increase the level, but I see that Bass is more when it is kept at "0" than increasing it. Sound felt different and bass was extremely flat when I set it above "10".

Apps tested with: Prime Music and Youtube Music.

Tested with: Sony MDR-XB55, Sony WH-H900N, Sony MDR- XB450 and LG HBS-920(Wireless)

I'm not expert in audio terms but its obvious that Bass is more effective in "0" level. This is happening in any Audio mode like DTS X etc....

Firmware version:- WW_16.0631.1908.12_0

I request other ROG Phone 2 users to test it and report.

IDHGBN4VUC0R.jpg

8O9N8C1TYMPT.jpg

FXNYWEU6HTJ6.jpg

Broken Bass function in Audio Wizard(?)
So in a brief, what I say is,
A10 works fine for me. Without any majorly reported issues.
Service centers are pathetic in India. Customer have no confidence or trust.
Bass Bar bug is still NOT fixed.
Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12

CatCanister
Star II
OMG, I have exact same power button issue. It lost its clicky feel and tactile feedback few days ago. My phone was never dropped or abused.
Yeah, I too saw a guy complaining about service center ruining the device just to fix the power button.
A guy posted that service center damaged his rear camera after he submitted it for restart issue.
My warranty too ends in 20days. I have absolutely 0 trust on Asus India service. So I'm going to ignore and live with this.
More over, service guys are taking more than a month to fix minor issues. So theres it.
Let me know if you find any work around for power button issue.
I too can say, Asus mobile service in India is absolute garbage!

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
CatCanister

OMG, I have exact same power button issue. It lost its clicky feel and tactile feedback few days ago. My phone was never dropped or abused.

Yeah, I too saw a guy complaining about service center ruining the device just to fix the power button.

A guy posted that service center damaged his rear camera after he submitted it for restart issue.

My warranty too ends in 20days. I have absolutely 0 trust on Asus India service. So I'm going to ignore and live with this.

More over, service guys are taking more than a month to fix minor issues. So theres it.

Let me know if you find any work around for power button issue.

I too can say, Asus mobile service in India is absolute garbage!

View post
Yeah. I too read few people having this power button issue. Sadly, since it is a hardware thing. There is no work around right now. I'm using tap to wake and tap to sleep as an alternative.
Good choice not going to service center for this issue. They have no professionalism in fixing this phone.

Not applicable
kchinnavigneshraja

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/123208#Comment_123208

Yeah. I too read few people having this power button issue. Sadly, since it is a hardware thing. There is no work around right now. I'm using tap to wake and tap to sleep as an alternative.

Good choice not going to service center for this issue. They have no professionalism in fixing this phone.

View post
I am happy to inform my power button is working like new and i have given my device a few times to service center but i doubt that if they ever opened my phone to check it. All the time they told me that my phone has no hardware issue and they all look friendly and gave me a clear advice that i should not waste my time to give my phone there for restart issues and sound delay issues. They also mentioned that the troubleshooting they did was format the device and downgraded it. They told me to wait for a software update for the fix in A10 but the devs say its hardware issue. PATHETIC!

Not applicable
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/123618#Comment_123618

I am happy to inform my power button is working like new and i have given my device a few times to service center but i doubt that if they ever opened my phone to check it. All the time they told me that my phone has no hardware issue and they all look friendly and gave me a clear advice that i should not waste my time to give my phone there for restart issues and sound delay issues. They also mentioned that the troubleshooting they did was format the device and downgraded it. They told me to wait for a software update for the fix in A10 but the devs say its hardware issue. PATHETIC!

View post
Also my device warranty is finished on oct 13. Today is my last day of warranty. I dont want to visit there again because they will take my device for another 15 days and then tell me my device has no hardware issue.