cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

❌ Beware. Warning by droidwin to users suffering high overheating ❌

Sam1991
Rising Star II

Droidwin warns user due to high overheating :

If there was still any iota of doubt that it was just a one-off incident, then we could now quash all those suspicions to rest as we are now receiving a plethora of logs from various affected users. As is evident from those logs, the temperature easily reaches 47 degrees Celsius even when the device is discharging.This could prove to be quite a scary situation if it isn’t addressed at the earliest. In the meantime, we advise the users not to use their device for a prolonged time period as things might take a turn for the worse, so a cool down period for your device is a must, at least for the next few weeks until [or rather if] the issue is addressed.

https://droidwin.com/rog-phone-7-android-14-is-an-utter-mess-but-asus-doesnt-care/

Screenshot_20240426-134605~2.png

Screenshot_20240426-134610.png

Screenshot_20240426-134616~2.png

Screenshot_20240426-134623~2.png

  

14 REPLIES 14

MiroS
Rising Star I

this kind of gaming phone has had official support for 2 years and can not be used for 3 months now , I have never experienced such ignorance in my life and this is definitely my sent phone from ASUS...

Takimansy
Star III

Im using this phone(ROG 8 phone) a lot with browsing Im hitting 35C in 23C room temp also gaming will reach 40C in same room temp. When I turn off the AC that's when its get hot with room temp of 28C phone is heating up so much even playing ML 90fps High graphics will stay at 42C in just a minute and when charging phone will heat up to 42C even in idle with ultra steady on. I don't have the cooler since it was on the 1TB variant I also played genshin with highest graphics it will go up to 45C . Also while writing this reply Im having 35C.Is this normal?  Also what would be the better temp? its my first rog phone so I don't know what the optimal temp is but I do stop playing when it reaches to 40C since the phone is hot to touch also I'm afraid if it might damage the components. btw I always used dynamic mode since using x mode will just skyrocket the temp much faster.

Defalt
Star III

Well nobody of the Mods answered to the posts of this overheating bug, so..think we got ignored and F**** there's no option than change our phones lol. 

excavation5
Rising Star II

I think so many people here are IDIO*S !!!! its normal your phone to get a temperatures like this .... its the most powerfull processor on the market so what you think ? it will not overheat ???? Samsung phone other phone like iphones also get high temperature on iphone you can get a 50 degreeeeees temperature on Genshin Impact !!!  and for the charging you wont to charge big battery for 30 minutes and your phone to be cold THIS IS IMPOSIBLE read more about how the things work dont swrite so much stupid things 

also when you play it depends do you play on mobile network or WIFI if you play on mobile network 5G your phone get get very very hot also mobile legend is normal to get 42 degreeees dont forget this CPU is power hungry it wont energy and this is = big temperature that is not really a problem even if you get 44 degreees i have my rog 6 from the beggining i played so much i het a temperature to 49 degrees celsium and the phone still work perfect whitout any problems