cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High overheating after I updated to build.71

Sam1991
Rising Star II

Hi everyone, 

Does anyone experiencing high overheating after updating to build 71 ? Even watching YouTube on Wi-Fi turns my ROG phone 7 into a hot frying pan!! :fire::fire:

Am I the only one ?

Please look into this matter ,I'm definitely sure I'm not the only one suffering here and it's taking way more longer for devs team to fix this issue; It's almost 4 months now.

I have already sent logs long time ago when I was on build.65 but nothing has changed since then and I recently notice build.71 caused even more overheating than before.

@Mattias_ASUS @Titan_ASUS 

P.S : I have never had an overheating issue on android 13 and it's all started since I updated my ROG 7 to android 14.

28 REPLIES 28

which apk?

If you meant setting.apk that was sent by @Titan_ASUS , yes I did. My rog 7 overheating issue started on Android 14 and by the recent update 71, it got even worse than before.

ric3
Rising Star I

I have repeatedly informed Asus on this forum that when I play games, I notice something strange regarding the refresh rate used. When using the automatic refresh rate in Armoury Crate, the display still runs at the highest refresh rate of 165 Hz, while the game only runs at 120 fps with automatic refresh rate. I can see this from the brightness of the refresh rate used in the game, because when I change the automatic refresh rate to 165 Hz, the brightness remains the same even though the game only runs at 120 fps. I think this might be causing the temperature to become very hot

In my opinion, that's just my experience so far after updating to Android 14. When I was on Android 13, I used automatic refresh rate in games and it was fine, running at 120 fps with the brightness refreshing rate matching 120 fps. But now, the game runs at 120 fps, but the brightness refresh rate doesn't run normally, it's excessively high

I'm confused about how to explain it, but it's something like that.

Sam1991
Rising Star II

I wish @Mattias_ASUS and @Titan_ASUS ask the devs to solve overheating and fps issues once and for all.

Ahmadrivai84
Star II

So far I have not been active in the forum because the problems I experienced previously were not as severe as during the previous update "70", since the beginning of the release of OS 14 I felt a bit hot when playing games but because I usually play games it is always paused so I didn't feel the failure significantly. OS 14. I feel that the Asus team is not really ready to handle the gaming side of the phone