Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 6 - NFC stopped working....

mobo
Star II
  1. Model Name:  ROG_Phone6 16/512
  2. Firmware Version: 
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: allways after update to Android 12....
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): GPay etc...

NFC  stopped working for me from december 9 2022. ANd still after some updates from ASUS and app updated like GPay. ITs not working at all for payments.
Anyone having the same issue ? - it's total bull**bleep** for NFC module not working in a phone from this range. Some garbage phones that i still use have not a single problem like this.

I did factory reset, connections reset , turning off / on , turning on / off NFC , turning on / off bluetooth etc....

And after this i think that NFC on motherboard is dead....  but i have no time to put on RMA warranty..... and lose everything even if i do backup. 

Maybe someone had such issues and resolve it ?

12 REPLIES 12

Redlith
Star III

in what firmware does this problem occured?

[January 3, 2023]: Asus is rolling out a new update for ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro. The update comes with the version number 32.2810.2212.241 and is rolling out as FOTA (Firmware-over-the-air) update. It brings the December 2022 security patch to the smartphones. The update also optimizes system stability and sound experience. It is live for the Chinese and global units of the ROG Phone 6 / 6 Pro.

This one with integrated FW.

All was ok on this:

• [November 20, 2022]: Asus ROG Phone 6 is receiving a new software update with some optimizations via the firmware 32.2810.2210.220. Earlier this month, the manufacturer rolled October 2022 Security Patch via firmware 32.2810.2210.216. However, a recent update is just improving the stability.

Everything after doesnt work.

my bad, the only thing you must do is to RMA while it is in warranty period after no luck on your troubleshooting.