TRASH DEVICE ROG5

hp9976802431
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG 5
Firmware Version:.229
Rooted or not:Not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):GAME GENIE PERFORMANCE ISSUE & SCREEN RECORDING CHOPPY
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
ROG 5 BGMI game play like worst.See game performance cpu 1.19ghz only on xmode+ With Aeroactive cooler.What is the hell going on.Its is a brand of asus like a shit !
The problem came up with 2021 June still now they are developing team not find the solution great effort of asus.
58 REPLIES 58

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Sarkiri

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/208098#Comment_208098

Well, I don't let my temperature get above 50C, there are people who are playing above 56C with the latest A12 update on a group which I won't mention here.

The reason these Wi-Fi are failing or phone dying are because of a manufacturing defect and not because of heat alone. My phone Wi-Fi failed after 1 month of purchase and I never use my phone without Aeroactive Cooler and I didn't update my firmware in fear that my Wi-Fi will stop working but the Wi-Fi still stopped working.

And even after Asus started throttling the phone with .210 .226 .229 (firmware I had tested so far) or way before these updates, their phones are still dying and still having Wi-Fi issues with the latest .226 and .229 update after heavy throttling so this is clearly not a firmware issue. And everyone who had replaced their motherboard from the group didn't had the Wi-Fi issue again or their phone dying issue so this is not a heating or hardware issue either except for some very unlucky few who broke a previous record holder that he had to replace his motherboard for the 7th time.

And of course I think some are abusing their phone by letting their phone get up to 56C. I have come to the conclusion that its a manufacturing defect which Asus doesn't want to admit.

View post
Ambient thermals are irrelevant.
Wifi defect is due to hardware issue, however black screen of death is due to death of power IC. You can try and deny it as much as you like, but when your phone dies and you post a topic here about it I will link you to this topic and remind you how wrong you were.
No I'm not talking about your videos, I'm talking about OP's videos which are 30fps.
What you wrote is nonsense, you cannot make dynamic profiles with armory crate

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Danishblunt

So let me clearify whats going on here as there seems to be half knowledge being spread here.

The CPU clock does matter, of course it does. However you didn't really understand what some of the guys are trying to explain to you and you cannot really be blamed for not understanding, they just suck at explaining things. The reason why the CPU reading in armory crate doesn't necessarily mean bad performance is because armory crate only shows the prime core. If a game is programmed to utilize your 2 of your big cores while not using the prime core, then obviously you'll not need to use the prime cores full speed, clocking it at maximum speed would give you no performance boost and waste your power for no good reason.

That being said, clockspeed does matter, armory crate is quite useless on some phones as its configs are being overritten in many cases which effectively makes it useless. This seems to be very common in newer revisions of the Rog5, this is more than likely done to prevent the power IC to kill itself as it's very common on the Rog series. The problem however is, due to fluctuating clockspeeds and switching between cores in many games due to the power management gamers will suffer from very annoying and inconsistent frametimes, something that the people who try to tell you clockspeed doesn't matter do not understand. Despite having close to 90FPS, the game will feel super jank due to very bad frametimes, it feels much less responsive and less fluid as it should be.

lets say your frametimes are:

22.5 22.5 22.5 22.5 = 90fps, the game will feel responsive, smooth and nice

however when you have:

12.5 32.5 2.5 42.5 = 90fps, the game will feel incredibly jank and bad.

Both are 90FPS, however only one of them are giving you a responsive and nice experience, while the other is some jank crap. Sadly the latter is happening due to these power management restrictions set by the Phone. The problem is real, it's not a placebo, it's a thing and always has been a thing.

View post
"they just suck at explaining things"
Haha, for me this is very true, only the technicians in my department understand, it's Chinese for the others and extraterrestrial with the sales people 😥

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/208104#Comment_208104

Wifi defect is due to hardware issue, however black screen of death is due to death of power IC. You can try and deny it as much as you like, but when your phone dies and you post a topic here about it I will link you to this topic and remind you how wrong you were.

No I'm not talking about your videos, I'm talking about OP's videos which are 30fps.

View post
Well I will be happy to prove you wrong that I can make dynamic profile with Armoury Crate.
I can make the game run at lower clock speeds and depends on efficiency cores and performance cores and will only use the Super Core and the required frequency when the game requires it both for CPU and GPU. Just wait for my video.

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/208104#Comment_208104

View post

Subway Surfer with X-Mode+, CPU clock never goes below 1.56GHZ (1555 MHz in CPU Float) when the game doesn't require that much clock speeds and generating unnecessary heat and draining battery.
2022-03-21-21-43-47.mp4

Subway Surfer with Default Dynamic Profile running the game mostly on efficiency cores with low clock speeds and performance and super core at 710 Mhz and 844 Mhz but the game still runs very smoothly with low clock speeds.
Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files

Subway Surfer with my Dynamic Profile same as above but you can control the frequency of each CPU core and customize your own Dynamic profile depending on your needs.
Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files

BGMI with same Dynamic Profile, you can see the game using only the efficiency cores and peformance cores with random jumps in super core but it mostly stays at 845 MHz (844 in CPU Float). If you activate X-Mode+, Game Tuning Level 1, 2 or 3 then CPU gets locked at a certain frequency 2.26GHz Game Tuning Level 2 and 2.38GHz Game Tuning Level 3 and doesn't drop below that locked frequency even if your temperature goes above 50C.
2022-03-21-21-23-18.mp4
Genshin Impact with same Dynamic Profile, you can see the performance cores (4, 5, 6) and Super Core (7) clock speed drop to 845 Mhz (844 in CPU Float) whenever I open a menu or look down.
2022-03-21-21-19-05.mp4
With the dynamic profile it won't always use the highest clock speeds if the game doesn't require it and doesn't stay locked at a certain frequency generating unnecessary heat and draining your battery and you can customize your own dynamic profile and increase the CPU frequency of each cores depending on your needs. If you want higher clock speeds but want the CPU clocks to be dynamic you can increase the maximum clock speeds when the CPU reaches certain load, etc.
The dynamic profile I made in the video is not perfect as I had made it in a hurry, and the CPU clocks are actually lower than as seen on the videos. The reason I have higher clocks speeds in the video is because I am using the screen recorder at the same time which is increasing the CPU load and clock speeds.

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
And also I am done trying to prove my point to anyone who doesn't know what they are talking about.
You are free to believe whatever you think is right. I have wasted enough time already replying to people who doesn't have a clue.
Let Asus do whatever they want with their phones and scam people.
And this is probably my last post here.
Good Luck.