TRASH DEVICE ROG5

hp9976802431
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG 5
Firmware Version:.229
Rooted or not:Not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):GAME GENIE PERFORMANCE ISSUE & SCREEN RECORDING CHOPPY
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
ROG 5 BGMI game play like worst.See game performance cpu 1.19ghz only on xmode+ With Aeroactive cooler.What is the hell going on.Its is a brand of asus like a shit !
The problem came up with 2021 June still now they are developing team not find the solution great effort of asus.
58 REPLIES 58

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/208035#Comment_208035

What you are asking is impossible, Cpu float works by superposition and as reported to ASUS for several months and several times, the Armory Create versions integrated into these firmwares prevent their operation.

So if you launch BGMI with Armory Create you will not have the display of Cpu float

If you disable BGMI from Armory Create you will have the display of CPU Float but of course no more performance settings or bypass load usage.

To have acceptable performance of BGMI without armory create, you need the fan that allows mode X

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/206928#Comment_206928

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/56983/applications-cannot-be-used-in-armory-create-with-firmw... latest

View post

If I remember correctly I was able to use CPU Float on .210 .226 and .229 and even on Android 12 as I keep up with my friends who are on A12 beta and ask them to provide me with performance results. It has nothing to do with superposition.
The reason you could not run CPU Float on top is because you have "No Alerts" and "No Calls" enabled in Game Genie.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Sarkiri

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/208085#Comment_208085

If I remember correctly I was able to use CPU Float on .210 .226 and .229 and even on Android 12 as I keep up with my friends who are on A12 beta and ask them to provide me with performance results. It has nothing to do with superposition.

The reason you could not run CPU Float on top is because you have "No Alerts" and "No Calls" enabled in Game Genie.

View post
Only no alert has already been activated and it is true that it was at the .200 or .210 update I believe, but since then everything is deactivated as I have just checked.
I'm still going to empty the caches and the data because actually it's the options of the genius of the game that blocks the overlay, I think I have data that has been corrupted.
Thank you for this reminder, I will clean up and I will return at the end of the afternoon after work.

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/208088#Comment_208088

Only no alert has already been activated and it is true that it was at the .200 or .210 update I believe, but since then everything is deactivated as I have just checked.

I'm still going to empty the caches and the data because actually it's the options of the genius of the game that blocks the overlay, I think I have data that has been corrupted.

Thank you for this reminder, I will clean up and I will return at the end of the afternoon after work.

View post
You need to disable both of these settings or it will not work. I had this same issue on .210 .226 .229 and even on the downgraded firmware .88 from 22 April 2021 so it is not a recent issue.
Activating either one of these settings will prevent CPU Float from running so make sure you disable both of these settings "No Alerts" and "No Calls" from Game Genie.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Sarkiri

Well you guys clearly doesn't have a clue and seems to be happy with the performance that you are getting and the bugs Asus shove down your throat.

At least do a proper testing before coming up with such nonsense replies.

I had downgraded my firmware and the is phone working as it should be and it's performing so much better with everything working. I am very happy with my phone now.

It has nothing to do with his phone or the hardware. It's their latest updates deliberately downgrading performance and making everything worse but be a sheep and keep defending Asus, I definitely won't even if they give me a million dollar.

I want to use what I paid for or don't advertise it as a Gaming Phone making these false advertisements and it's people like you that let these companies get away with whatever they want.

There a lot of improvements after downgrading my firmware.

1. Full 2.84GHz performance

2. Better Audio Quality

3. Faster Fingerprint Reading

4. Bypass Charging working properly even when I play Genshin Impact on the Highest Settings and battery doesn't start draining unlike in the latest firmwares.

5. X-Mode, Dynamic, Ultra Durable, Advanced, Game Tuning, Hardcore Tuning and Advanced Hardcore Tuning are all working.

6. No wallpaper tint.

I could go on and on with the lists of improvements after downgrading my firmware.

With .229 Update (X-Mode ON)

1.30GHz to 1.42GHz below 40C

And 1.20GHz (1190 MHz) above 40C

With previous .210 Update (X-Mode On)

1.42GHz below 40C

And 1.08GHz above 40C

With downgraded firmware (X-Mode ON)

2.84GHz below 45C

And 2.38GHz above 45C

I was mostly getting 30 to 40 FPS most of the time with the latest firmware even while exploring and my FPS drops to 10 or 20 FPS in a fight.

They have started throttling even the Advanced Hardcore Tuning profiles, even if you set everything to Red your CPU will start downclocking to 1.42GHz. This was only affecting Genshin Impact at the time I was testing but now its affecting other games too I think, I can't confirm this as I had already downgraded my firmware and have no plan on updating my firmware.

I can now play Genshin Impact at 60 FPS on the highest settings with the downgraded firmware except in big fights which could drop my fps to 30 or 40.

View post
Problem is you're probably going to kill your phone with downgraded firmware. ASUS heavy throttling is intergrated to prevent the power IC to kill itself.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
So let me clearify whats going on here as there seems to be half knowledge being spread here.
The CPU clock does matter, of course it does. However you didn't really understand what some of the guys are trying to explain to you and you cannot really be blamed for not understanding, they just suck at explaining things. The reason why the CPU reading in armory crate doesn't necessarily mean bad performance is because armory crate only shows the prime core. If a game is programmed to utilize your 2 of your big cores while not using the prime core, then obviously you'll not need to use the prime cores full speed, clocking it at maximum speed would give you no performance boost and waste your power for no good reason.
That being said, clockspeed does matter, armory crate is quite useless on some phones as its configs are being overritten in many cases which effectively makes it useless. This seems to be very common in newer revisions of the Rog5, this is more than likely done to prevent the power IC to kill itself as it's very common on the Rog series. The problem however is, due to fluctuating clockspeeds and switching between cores in many games due to the power management gamers will suffer from very annoying and inconsistent frametimes, something that the people who try to tell you clockspeed doesn't matter do not understand. Despite having close to 90FPS, the game will feel super jank due to very bad frametimes, it feels much less responsive and less fluid as it should be.
lets say your frametimes are:
22.5 22.5 22.5 22.5 = 90fps, the game will feel responsive, smooth and nice
however when you have:
12.5 32.5 2.5 42.5 = 90fps, the game will feel incredibly jank and bad.
Both are 90FPS, however only one of them are giving you a responsive and nice experience, while the other is some jank crap. Sadly the latter is happening due to these power management restrictions set by the Phone. The problem is real, it's not a placebo, it's a thing and always has been a thing.