This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do the cases exacerbate the heat when gaming?

Craven
Rising Star II
Was thinking of getting a full case like this for my phone since grip on this thing is almost non-existent (good job, R&D team).
rog phone 3 case - Google Search
Does anyone have this case or at least one that covers the entire back? I'm concerned my phone won't be able to breathe anymore when it's wrapped in hard plastic. It's already bad enough it gets hot without a case.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BPM
Rising Star II
Craven

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/180945#Comment_180945

This thing is HUGE! or maybe it's just because of the camera angle. Is it? How grippy is it on a scale of 1-10?

View post
I wouldn't say it's that much bigger than the phone itself. I tried to measure it, and looks like it's about 2mm of padding on each side.
I wouldn't know how to measure its grip, but I'm not at all worried about it slipping out of my hand.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CHOOZR
Zen Master I
Any form of casing is more plastic for heat to pass thru. The best cooling will be the provided aero case.
Else Find one with a cutout for the vent hole is the next best option

ajinkya017
Rising Star II
While charging or gaming take the case off unless you are slow charging.

g4m3raddict
Star III
Craven

Was thinking of getting a full case like this for my phone since grip on this thing is almost non-existent (good job, R&D team).

https://www.google.com/search?q=rog+phone+3+case&client=ms-android-asus&prmd=isnv&sxsrf=ALeKk01ERSj8...

Does anyone have this case or at least one that covers the entire back? I'm concerned my phone won't be able to breathe anymore when it's wrapped in hard plastic. It's already bad enough it gets hot without a case.

Do the cases exacerbate the heat when gaming?
I am using this case, it has opening for vent, air trigger and charging port also. It does get heated but i can say it gives better grip compared to no case.
Cover Alive Edge To Edge Tempered Glass for Asus Rog Phone 3 - Cover Alive : Flipkart.com

BPM
Rising Star II
This is the case that I use currently:
Amazon.com: Fanbiya Armor Case for ASUS ROG Phone 3 - TPU Frame Clear A-Grade Acrylic Back Compatibl...It gives some decent bump protection to the sides, while still having openings for the Air Triggers. It has a flap to cover the bottom USB-C port and a sizeable cutout on the left side around the heat vent.
They say it's compatible with the Aero Active cooler, and while technically true, you cannot fully close it due to the padding. My only complaint is that it won't fit with using the TwinView Dock (my favorite ROG Phone 3 accessory).
What I'd do to have a case that fits while using the TwinView Dock and still provides decent protection...