This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G & VOLTE issues in Australia (Telstra, Optus & Vodafone)

Happy-Haze
Visitor

Why is the "Smart Switch Data" toggle for VoLTE not operating on my ROG Phone 3?

I can clearly see that the option is available on my ROG Phone 3 but the toggle is greyed out & does NOT work.

I've called my mobile phone provider/carrier (Amaysim who use Optus towers) but they say it's a device issue NOT a provider/carrier issue.

I have got all the necessary 4G/5G/5G Standalone internet settings enabled via my device.

Funnily enough all of the 4G/5G/5G Standalone internet setting options on my phone mysteriously disappeared today.

So I rang Amaysim technical support & they some how magically made them reappear on my phone after a shutdown & restart 🤨🤔

Because the 3G network is shutting down in Australia my provider has stated that my ROG Phone 3 will stop working....even though the ROG Phone 3 clearly has 4G/5G/5G Standalone & VoLTE capabilities.

I purchased my ROG Phone 3 from JB HI-FI who are an authorised Asus retailer in Australia.

Both the JB HI-FI website & salesperson clearly stated that the ROG Phone 3 was compatible with 4G/5G/5G Standalone mobile platform networks & VoLTE communications.

The JB HI-FI salesperson assured me that the ROG Phone 3 would NOT become redundant & unusable after the 3G network shutdown in Australia as the ROG Phone 3 clearly supports 4G/5G/5G Standalone mobile platform networks & VoLTE communications.

I specifically purchased my ROG Phone 3 because of these ad verbatim quoted facts as stated & advertised on the Asus website "ROG Phone 3 is the most powerful gaming phone to use the latest Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 865 Plus 5G Mobile Platform with advanced 5G mobile communications capabilities."

If in fact the ROG Phone 3 CANNOT operate on the "5G mobile platform with advanced 5G mobile communications capabilities" then that is 100% false advertising.

I'm on a disability pension with very limited money....I simply don't have "spare" money to waste on another mobile phone as my money barely covers my accommodation, food, bills, medical needs & transportation.

I love my ROG Phone 3 & there is absolutely nothing wrong with my phone it's in perfect condition no scratches or cracks or chips.

I want to know who is going to take responsibility for this massive injustice that affects a LOT of people?

Either Asus have falsely advertised & stated that the ROG Phone 3 is capable & compatible with 4G/5G/5G Standalone mobile platform networks & VoLTE communications.

Or conversely....Telstra, Optus & Vodafone are deliberately making people's mobile devices redundant because they are blocking specific mobile devices from accessing their 4G/5G/5G Standalone mobile platform networks & VoLTE communications (even though the mobile devices actually have these capabilities) &/or they are refusing to work in conjunction with mobile device manufacturers.

Which in turn is forcing consumers to purchase new "compatible" mobile devices.

The fact that Amaysim could make the 4G/5G/5G Standalone internet settings on my ROG Phone 3 mysteriously disappear & then magically reappear today makes me believe that it is a conspiracy by the mobile phone providers/carriers in Australia 🤨🤔

I think all affected consumers need to band together with a class-action complaint to the Australian Telecommunications Ombudsman urgently.

I am running Android 12 but I have seen discussions on being able to reverse back to Android 11 which supposedly fixes the VoLTE issues.

How & where do you access the ability to reverse back to Android 11?

I have not modified my ROG Phone 3 in any other way except for installing the Android 12 update.

Can someone please help me out?

Thank you & kind regards 🙏

0 REPLIES 0