cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xflow 13, 2 things that needs tweak/fix

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Hello ASUS,
I purchased the xflow 13 and have to say its a beautiful and consistent machine in many ways. Your software upates fixed one of the most annoying aspects which I have to say came as a surprise, however there are still 2 things that would need to be done:
1.) The sleep function is broken. When putting the notebook into sleep mode it instantly wakes with turned on screen, having massive battery drain.
2.) While the positioning of the speakers are weird, the speakers themselves have an amazing range and sound quality to them, however they are a little quiet. I tested if this is a limitation of the actual hardware or software. I boosted the sound by quite a bit via software and the amps had no problem pushing more power into the speaker, making them significantly louder while retaining music quality, no screeching or the like. I would love to see an update that allows the notebook to push more power into the speakers without having to need 3rd party programs doing it, they can absolutely handle it, whoever designed those speakers get an A++, they have a very macbook feel to them, which is a high praise in the thin and light segment, they only lack a bit volume.
5 REPLIES 5

Falcon_ASUS
Danishblunt

Hello ASUS,

I purchased the xflow 13 and have to say its a beautiful and consistent machine in many ways. Your software upates fixed one of the most annoying aspects which I have to say came as a surprise, however there are still 2 things that would need to be done:

1.) The sleep function is broken. When putting the notebook into sleep mode it instantly wakes with turned on screen, having massive battery drain.

2.) While the positioning of the speakers are weird, the speakers themselves have an amazing range and sound quality to them, however they are a little quiet. I tested if this is a limitation of the actual hardware or software. I boosted the sound by quite a bit via software and the amps had no problem pushing more power into the speaker, making them significantly louder while retaining music quality, no screeching or the like. I would love to see an update that allows the notebook to push more power into the speakers without having to need 3rd party programs doing it, they can absolutely handle it, whoever designed those speakers get an A++, they have a very macbook feel to them, which is a high praise in the thin and light segment, they only lack a bit volume.

Xflow 13, 2 things that needs tweak/fix
@Danishblunt
Regarding your first question, may I ask what BIOS version and system version you are currently using?
[Notebook] How to check the model name and BIOS version | Official Support | ASUS GlobalWhich version of Windows operating system am I running?Could you please provide me with screenshots of the power settings and battery consumption?
Regarding your second question, I will report back to the relevant unit for evaluation.
Thank you.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/61930/xflow-13-2-things-that-needs-tweak-fix

@Danishblunt

Regarding your first question, may I ask what BIOS version and system version you are currently using?

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1030673/

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/which-version-of-windows-operating-system-am-i-running-6...

Could you please provide me with screenshots of the power settings and battery consumption?

Regarding your second question, I will report back to the relevant unit for evaluation.

Thank you.

View post
GV301QC.412
"Power saving" in power settings, "silent mode" in armory crate. Just tell the devs to put the notebook to sleep, leave it for an hour or 2 and see how battery drained. They will hopefully find out why the device wakes up on its own. Also this seems to be an issue on some zepherys notebook as well. I assume something in the AMD chipset doesnt play nice.
I'm also using Windows 11.
Also I did find another odd glitch related to the "smart amp", if I put the notebook in hibernate (which is the workaround cuz sleep = power drain), at some point the amp seems to boost the wrong frequencies, the speakers start to scratch in the 1-4khz area, no clue why, after a proper restart it sounds just fine.

Falcon_ASUS
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/218391#Comment_218391

GV301QC.412

"Power saving" in power settings, "silent mode" in armory crate. Just tell the devs to put the notebook to sleep, leave it for an hour or 2 and see how battery drained. They will hopefully find out why the device wakes up on its own. Also this seems to be an issue on some zepherys notebook as well. I assume something in the AMD chipset doesnt play nice.

I'm also using Windows 11.

Also I did find another odd glitch related to the "smart amp", if I put the notebook in hibernate (which is the workaround cuz sleep = power drain), at some point the amp seems to boost the wrong frequencies, the speakers start to scratch in the 1-4khz area, no clue why, after a proper restart it sounds just fine.

View post
@Danishblunt
"leave it for an hour or 2 and see how battery drained."
>> Could you please tell me the actual battery drained of your laptop? Also, did you have any programs running in the background at that time?
"Also I did find another odd glitch related to the smart amp"
>>Could you please provide me the full steps to reproduce the problem?
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/218831#Comment_218831

@Danishblunt

"leave it for an hour or 2 and see how battery drained."

>> Could you please tell me the actual battery drained of your laptop? Also, did you have any programs running in the background at that time?

"Also I did find another odd glitch related to the smart amp"

>>Could you please provide me the full steps to reproduce the problem?

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View post
1.) didnt have anything run from the user side of things. Stock windows services etc. running. I don't know, maybe 30% in 4 hours or so? Same as when youd leave it on.
2.) its a bug that happens rarely, it only occured twice thus far, all I did use the notebook and never turn it off. Only used hibernate, when logging in it will at some point randomly start being bugged. Ill try to see if I can somehow trigger this behavior more consistently.