Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Corrupted

riotheeagle
Star I

System Info:

ASUS TUF Gaming F15 FX506LH, Intel Core i5-10300H, 8GB RAM, Windows 11 Home

Issue:

The screen suddenly freezes, but it's not frequent. The WIFI button disappears, so is the internet connection, and sometimes the screen freezes afterwards. When a notification from Armoury Crate shows on the right-hand corner of the screen, a ringtone is heard as if the notification is an alarm.  

The WIFI button issue occurs frequently while the VALORANT game is running. All of these happen after updating the drivers using Driver Easy and reinstalling Windows by the 'Reset This PC' feature on the settings. I thought resetting my laptop would fix the issue, but they still persist.

Any help would be much appreciated. I browsed the web and found no similar issue, so I'm asking here for help.

Thanks,

Rio

4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS

@riotheeagle 
Sorry, I'm not quite familiar with what you're describing as 'Driver Easy'.
Generally speaking, if you use the system's built-in recovery function, it will directly restore the system to its installed state. After that, you can update the system and drivers to the latest version through system update and MyASUS. 
Thank you.
 [Gaming NB/Gaming DT] MyASUS in WinRE Factory Restore Settings Introduction (ASUS Recovery) 
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] How to use Windows Update in OS system and how to update BIOS through Windows... 
[Notebook] MyASUS - Introduction 
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC and remove all of my personal files, apps and settings 

riotheeagle
Star I

Driver Easy is an application tool used to update Windows Drivers (https://www.drivereasy.com/).

MyASUS and system updates do not provide updates for drivers after resetting my laptop with the 'Reset This PC' option. I only got a game driver update from NVIDIA. 

Do you have solutions for the said issue?

@riotheeagle 
Since we are unable to assess the stability of third-party software installation and settings, we recommend that you refer to the FAQ to recovery the system to confirm whether the problem is resolved. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.