cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU frequency drops when running on battery power

AntonR
Star I

CPU frequency drops when running on battery power

I bought an Asus f15 FX506HC laptop. When working from the network, the laptop runs smoothly and quickly. But when I turn off the power and work from the battery, the processor frequency is instantly reset to 300 MHz or less. (I look through the Armoury crate program)

1. Performance mode is worth
2. In the power settings on the process, 100% operation is set in both modes (mains and battery)
3. All drivers are updated
4. Nvidia battery boost tried to disable - does not help

From the network, when you work, everything is OK. When you turn off the power, the processor frequencies drop and the brakes start. How to fix it?

Just don't write that this is normal - it's not normal. I am well aware that this laptop is gaming and there are various energy-saving devices on it. But I have no need for long autonomy.

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@AntonR 
Please kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. What are the BIOS version, system version, and Armoury Crate version currently in use? Have they been updated to the latest?
2. Could you please provide a screenshot of Armoury Crate for me to confirm?
3. Please refer to the following FAQ to upload the log file to the cloud storage, and provide me with the link.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1043747/ 
Q5: What is App Diagnostics? (New Feature)

A5: In Armoury Crate "Settings"and check "About" page, If clicking App Diagnostics "Record Log", the Privacy Policy Statement will pop out. Once user agreed statement, the Armoury Crate will start to collect problem log  and user can click "Generate log data" to generate the log file with encrypted (ASUS log file). After log saved, user can provide it to the repair center or technical supporter for further Armoury Crate problem diagnostics.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.