Star III
System:
Battery or AC:
Model: TUF Gaming FX505GT
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Around October 17-19, my laptop(BIOS 308, the latest offered by MyASUS) performance suddenly decreased. For example, playing videos games my FPS would be 60 normally, but now it is 9-30. Overall, there are stuttering and lagging when playing video games. My internet is working fine. Streaming videos, doing multiple tasks, or downloading, there are noticeable lag. MyASUS(V2.2.44.0) checkup shows there may be an issue with the fan. I've went to Nvidia Control Panel and set it to High-Performance Nvidia Processor, Power Option and set to High Performance and still nothing. Using Turbo mode, the fans are somewhat quiet and CPU/GPU fan kicks up to 2800-2900 RPM. Normally, using Turbo mode, the laptop emits a very loud noise and CPU/GPU fan kicks well over 5000-5500 RMP. So something is wrong here. I've also installed ASUS System Control Interface V2( V2.2.30.0) and reinstall MyASUS and the problem still persist. I've also resetted my laptop twice and it fixed nothing. I've checked Task Manager and Armoury Crate(V3.1.6.0), CPU/GPU temperatures seems fine. I'm not tech savy and not sure what is going on. Could it be CPU/GPU fan? Or motherboard? If you need more information to help a guy out, please ask.
Edit: I also should mention when I do Full Scan on Window Virus Security, it usually take 15-20 minutes and utilization of CPU is 98-99%. Now, it takes slighty longer and utilization of CPU is around 33%. I don't know if that info will help. I've also never underclocked or overlocked my CPU because I don't know how to do that.
Edit 2: I've emailed ASUS about the issue. It will take 48 hours for them to get back. I will update as soon as ASUS respond.
Thank you
157 REPLIES 157

dathuynh555
Star III
Blake_ASUS

Dear all,

Please kindly update BIOS 309.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/FX505GT/HelpDesk_Download/

If there is any issue with MyASUS after the update, please kindly provide the App version.

Also, please also double check if the service you have disabled are still disabled.

I have reported this issue. Thank you.

View post
MyASUS is taking a very long time to load after updating BIOS to 309. Latest version of MyASUS is V2.2.49.0.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Zaeta

Hello everyone. The truth is that you need to know the official solution from Asus. Today after reinstalling clean windows, and installing the programs that Asus technical support gave me to install. The Armory Crate does not work quite well, it throws an error screen to open it, sometimes it does not allow to adjust the keyboard lighting, and also in turbo mode it does not set the fans to the maximum. So far I have not had problems with performance, but I am afraid to update any driver. Nor have I wanted to update the Nvidia ones, because I'm afraid the problem will return. Asus Colombia technical support told me that they have no open case on the subject and asked me to send my team by correspondence to review it. Which I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the laptop. Rather, it's the Armory Crate or the Asus-derived programs. Please wait for a definitive solution to this problem. I know it takes time to make an update, so I am patient, but please come to the final solution.

View post
Hi,
BIOS 309 has been released, please kindly check.
If you are not using FX505GT, please kindly open another thread to discuss.
Thank you.

Zaeta
Star II
Blake_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131958#Comment_131958

Hi,

BIOS 309 has been released, please kindly check.

If you are not using FX505GT, please kindly open another thread to discuss.

Thank you.

View post
Hi @Blake_ASUS. I have already reported my problem before, I have an FX505GT. I have not wanted to download the BIOS 309 yet because I see that some users are still reporting problems. I'd like to see if this first solves all the issues that have been reported in this thread. Thank you very much @Blake_ASUS, please inform us here if downloading BIOS 309 is the final solution, or we are still waiting for the solution you are working on.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Zaeta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131974#Comment_131974

Hi @Blake_ASUS. I have already reported my problem before, I have an FX505GT. I have not wanted to download the BIOS 309 yet because I see that some users are still reporting problems. I'd like to see if this first solves all the issues that have been reported in this thread. Thank you very much @Blake_ASUS, please inform us here if downloading BIOS 309 is the final solution, or we are still waiting for the solution you are working on.

View post
Hello Zaeta,
BIOS 309 is solving the performance issue... and seems like it really solved it...
And for other issue...so far from our record it is not really caused by the new BIOS.
There seems to be MyASUS issue cross model recently, and we are working on that.
Thank you.

Stoned
Star I
Hey guys i updated to bios 309 it fixed the performance issues but my keyboards rgb lights are still aint working any ideas