System: Win 10 Home 64 bit 10.0.19044
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: G14 GA401QM.411
Frequency of occurrence: All the time
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Dear Asus,
Two days ago, when I woke up, the sound wasn't playing from my computer speakers. It had worked perfectly the night before. The computer suffered zero damage or anything of the sort. I cannot hear the starting sound when the ROG logo flashes on screen like it used to. The funny thing is that, the Bluetooth works perfectly fine and when I connected my headphones to the jack that also worked perfectly fine. It's just when nothing is plugged in or connected via Bluetooth, the audio simply doesn't work.
My attempted fixes:
-I downloaded the drivers off the Asus website
-I reset the computer
-I ran the troubleshooter countless times(but the interesting thing is that when it prompts me to allow it to reinstall drivers, the Realtek driver doesn't come back so I have to manually re-download the driver. It simply doesn't come back
-turned off audio enhancements
-I've tried a couple other fixes like downloaded software to detect missing drivers but that did me no good

Essentially, I'm desperate for help and would love to hear any other potential solutions you guys have out there.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,

John
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
adfasdfaddsaf
  1. System: Win 10 Home 64 bit 10.0.19044
  2. Battery or AC: Battery
  3. Model: G14 GA401QM.411
  4. Frequency of occurrence: All the time
  5. Reset OS: Yes
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:Dear Asus,

Two days ago, when I woke up, the sound wasn't playing from my computer speakers. It had worked perfectly the night before. The computer suffered zero damage or anything of the sort. I cannot hear the starting sound when the ROG logo flashes on screen like it used to. The funny thing is that, the Bluetooth works perfectly fine and when I connected my headphones to the jack that also worked perfectly fine. It's just when nothing is plugged in or connected via Bluetooth, the audio simply doesn't work.

My attempted fixes:

-I downloaded the drivers off the Asus website

-I reset the computer

-I ran the troubleshooter countless times(but the interesting thing is that when it prompts me to allow it to reinstall drivers, the Realtek driver doesn't come back so I have to manually re-download the driver. It simply doesn't come back

-turned off audio enhancements

-I've tried a couple other fixes like downloaded software to detect missing drivers but that did me no good

Essentially, I'm desperate for help and would love to hear any other potential solutions you guys have out there.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

John

Sound
@adfasdfaddsaf
If the problem persists after restoring the system, according to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

adfasdfaddsaf
Star I
I ended up going to Best Buy and the issue was the speakers weren't properly connected to the motherboard, so a mistake on their part. But hey it is fixed now.😄

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.