This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Computer crashes during game play

cptmorgan
Star I

I've had this laptop for about 6 months... Its been pretty random but mid game the computer will crash and then restart. I've tried raising it up to keep it cooler, fan on power supply, running my air conditioner in my room. At this point its really getting on my nerves and really defeats the purpose of having a badass laptop that crashes for unknown reasons

4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS

@cptmorgan
May I ask which product model you are using?
Have you updated both the system and BIOS to the latest version?
Additionally, have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the game that is causing crashes to see if the issue persists?
Thank you.
How to find Model Name

ASUS ROG Laptop G733PZ.. Also its any game at random times. Went through My ASUS and everything is up to date. It acted like a power supply issue. So I keep a fan on it and thought that it over heats. But still happens. I have not adjusted any main settings for overcloacking and all that. I've actually turned those settings down to see if that helps.

@cptmorgan
Did you notice a significant increase in your laptop's temperature before the crash occurred? If the temperature did rise, is your laptop's fan functioning properly? If not, please perform a fan test using MyASUS to determine if the crash was caused by overheating.
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] Troubleshooting - Computer Overheating and Fan issues

If you've ruled out the above scenarios and the issue persists, I might recommend backing up your data, restoring the system, and then verifying the situation. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC

** As your laptop belongs to the ROG series, I also suggest posting here to receive further assistance.
https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/gaming-notebooks/bd-p/HSS_Notebooks 

I've done multiple tests through the My ASUS everything comes back clean. I do run armory crate app on my phone my CPU sits at 96-97C but never goes over. everything stays pretty cool. I've also raised my laptop up off my table about half and inch or so to help air flow. I don't run this thing all out/over clocked/maxed out. Its just factory settings.