This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop will not start BIOS. Power and charge light are on. HD and WiFi light blink continuously

MikeVanar
Star I
System: Asus N56JN-CN093H Manufacturing date 06-2014
Battery or AC: Either, makes no difference
Model: N65JN-CN093H
Frequency of occurrence: Nearly always
Reset OS: Does not load OS (Windows 10)
Screenshot or video: Yes
========================
Detailed description:
When the laptop is turned on some HD and DVD drive movement is heard, screen will stay off. Laptop will only occasionally enter BIOS with ASUS splashscreen and load OS soon there after. Within the last few weeks the computer will not start BIOS but will enter into a loop. This loop used to be 5 or six times before startup but nowadays it will sit there and loop for hours. I assumed a problem with the BIOS battery so I replaced it on the motherboard. After replacement the laptop started up quickly but only once or twice. After this there is no difference between before or after the battery replacement. Removed DVD drive, no difference. Removed memory, no difference. Removed HD, no difference. Swapped both memory modules, and tried each individual memory bank in every possible possition, no difference. Tried removing the batteries with AC plugged in, no difference. Only battery with no AC, you can probably guess by now, no difference. I found an update for the BIOS on the ASUS site but I can't flash the ROM without getting in it first.
4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS
MikeVanar
  1. System: Asus N56JN-CN093H Manufacturing date 06-2014
  2. Battery or AC: Either, makes no difference
  3. Model: N65JN-CN093H
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Nearly always
  5. Reset OS: Does not load OS (Windows 10)
  6. Screenshot or video: Yes

========================

Detailed description:

When the laptop is turned on some HD and DVD drive movement is heard, screen will stay off. Laptop will only occasionally enter BIOS with ASUS splashscreen and load OS soon there after. Within the last few weeks the computer will not start BIOS but will enter into a loop. This loop used to be 5 or six times before startup but nowadays it will sit there and loop for hours. I assumed a problem with the BIOS battery so I replaced it on the motherboard. After replacement the laptop started up quickly but only once or twice. After this there is no difference between before or after the battery replacement. Removed DVD drive, no difference. Removed memory, no difference. Removed HD, no difference. Swapped both memory modules, and tried each individual memory bank in every possible possition, no difference. Tried removing the batteries with AC plugged in, no difference. Only battery with no AC, you can probably guess by now, no difference. I found an update for the BIOS on the ASUS site but I can't flash the ROM without getting in it first.

Laptop will not start BIOS. Power and charge light are on. HD and WiFi light blink continuously
@MikeVanar
According to your description, the motherboard may be faulty.
Since this is an earlier product, it's probably out of warranty.
It is recommended that you refer to the following methods for troubleshooting.
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix frozen ASUS / ROG logo screen | Official Support | ASUS Glob...Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

MikeVanar
Star I
Thank you for your answer. I will give it a try, and I will let you know.

MikeVanar
Star I
No, resetting the BIOS did not make a difference. Does anybody else have a solution? Thanks in advance for your reply.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.