This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I tried updating my BIOS But forgot to Plug in my Charger

Azzam2247
Star II

I forgot to plug in my charger so when I restarted the laptop it went to the bios area and showed me a warning about the power not being connected I connected it and pressed the exit button there so it just restated my laptop and did nothing I think. when I checked through the system software settings it didn't seem to be updated so I did it again but now whenever I install the bios and when it says to restart it. it only restarts the laptop and does nothing. Is this a problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Azzam2247
Based on your description, it seems you were using the MyASUS program to update the BIOS.
If the update failed, we recommend uninstalling MyASUS and then reinstalling it before attempting the BIOS update again.
[Notebook] Troubleshooting MyASUS issues

Alternatively, you can refer to the following FAQ for updating the BIOS using EZ Flash.
[Notebook/AIO/MiniPC] How to update BIOS with EZ Flash
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS

@Azzam2247
May I ask which laptop model you are using? And how did you perform the BIOS update?
How to find Model Name
Thank you.

The Model Is ASUS TUF Gaming F15 FX507Z    I tried to update the bios by going to MY ASUS app there was a bios update available  so I downloaded it and installed it  and when the system restart menu popped up i restarted it as it was restarting it took me to the bios menu with a warning that my charger is unplugged so I plugged the charger and nothing happened and I didn't know what to do next so I pressed the exit button and it just resetarts normally as it used to. I tried to install it again but when it says to restart to update it it only restarts the system and does nothing.

@Azzam2247
Based on your description, it seems you were using the MyASUS program to update the BIOS.
If the update failed, we recommend uninstalling MyASUS and then reinstalling it before attempting the BIOS update again.
[Notebook] Troubleshooting MyASUS issues

Alternatively, you can refer to the following FAQ for updating the BIOS using EZ Flash.
[Notebook/AIO/MiniPC] How to update BIOS with EZ Flash
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.