This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "Epic launcher using GPU" notification on Asus's Armoury crate app.

seepranavg
Star II
System: Asus Tuf Gaming A15
Battery or AC: Both
Model: FA506IH (AMD Ryzen 5 - 4600H; Nvidia GTX 1650)
Frequency of occurrence: regular (Especially after unplugging/plugging to the adapter)
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video: Screenshot attached
========================
Detailed description:
armory-crate-issue.jpg
Iam getting notification that epicgameslauncher.exe is using GPU on Armoury Crate app (see screenshot). Mostly it happens after plugging/unplugging the laptop from the adapter. Can someone say if it will affect the battery life or performance of the laptop? Iam on the latest Windows 10 version and bios. How can i solve this issue? Thankyou in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
seepranavg
  1. System: Asus Tuf Gaming A15
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: FA506IH (AMD Ryzen 5 - 4600H; Nvidia GTX 1650)
  4. Frequency of occurrence: regular (Especially after unplugging/plugging to the adapter)
  5. Reset OS: No
  6. Screenshot or video: Screenshot attached

========================

Detailed description:

armory-crate-issue.jpg

Iam getting notification that epicgameslauncher.exe is using GPU on Armoury Crate app (see screenshot). Mostly it happens after plugging/unplugging the laptop from the adapter. Can someone say if it will affect the battery life or performance of the laptop? Iam on the latest Windows 10 version and bios. How can i solve this issue? Thankyou in advance.

I don't have your model laptop. But normally while playing games battery life will be reduced , if we continue to playing longer days , definitely battery life affects.
not only gaming, there are many reasons are there to decrease battery capacity life..No battery is gives 100 percentage long life.

seepranavg
Star II
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/44795/getting-epic-launcher-using-gpu-notification-on-asuss-a...

I don't have your model laptop. But normally while playing games battery life will be reduced , if we continue to playing longer days , definitely battery life affects.

not only gaming, there are many reasons are there to decrease battery capacity life..No battery is gives 100 percentage long life.

View post
I know these things, but iam asking about that particular notification and its fix.

chetiwalg
Star III
seepranavg
  1. System: Asus Tuf Gaming A15
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: FA506IH (AMD Ryzen 5 - 4600H; Nvidia GTX 1650)
  4. Frequency of occurrence: regular (Especially after unplugging/plugging to the adapter)
  5. Reset OS: No
  6. Screenshot or video: Screenshot attached

========================

Detailed description:

armory-crate-issue.jpg

Epic Games Launcher uses Hardware Acceleration or in simpler terms GPU for smoother animation and functioning. Armoury Crate looks for all applications using GPU and notifies if it founds such apps while on battery. It will not affect the performance much but if any application uses GPU, battery usage will increase. Apart from that there is no issue. If you dont want these notifications simply uncheck the box "Allow pop-up notifications to remind you to stop all applications and save power when you are not using an external display."