Battery or AC: AC
Model: G712LWS
Frequency of occurrence: Every change of speed profiles
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hello there,

every time I change my profile to "TURBO" from "SILENT", I get a BSOD.
After the restart, the laptop runs with the changed speed/profile. If I want to change it back to "SILENT", 95/100 I also get a BSOD. So, everytime I change my profile, I must also undergo a restart.
Sometimes is "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION", sometimes is a storage driver (I'll come back with more details and photos).

I have this laptop for about 2y. About 1y ago, an "Armoury Crate" update made this mess possible. Ever since, a change in running speed comes along with a BSOD. Very rarely (5%), a change from "TURBO" to "SILENT" does not result in a BSOD.
I contacted support, they said to reinstall the OS. That's not something I'll do. I rather live with it until I sell the laptop. But if there is a quick fix, I'll be very grateful to apply it.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS
__88__
  1. System: Laptop ROG Strix G17
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: G712LWS
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Every change of speed profiles
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hello there,

every time I change my profile to "TURBO" from "SILENT", I get a BSOD.

After the restart, the laptop runs with the changed speed/profile. If I want to change it back to "SILENT", 95/100 I also get a BSOD. So, everytime I change my profile, I must also undergo a restart.

Sometimes is "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION", sometimes is a storage driver (I'll come back with more details and photos).

I have this laptop for about 2y. About 1y ago, an "Armoury Crate" update made this mess possible. Ever since, a change in running speed comes along with a BSOD. Very rarely (5%), a change from "TURBO" to "SILENT" does not result in a BSOD.

I contacted support, they said to reinstall the OS. That's not something I'll do. I rather live with it until I sell the laptop. But if there is a quick fix, I'll be very grateful to apply it.

Thank you

BSOD when switching to/from TURBO
@__88__
Please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] Troubleshooting - How to fix Blue Screen Errors in Windows (BSOD) | Official ...Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

__88__
Star I
How is this related to anything else but the ASUS Armoury Crate app?
I don't get a BSOD in any other circumstances, but only when I switch from TURBO/SILENT and reverse.
All mentioned steps are basic BSOD troubleshooting.
I'm sorry, but they hardly apply here.
I insist this is a specific Asus Armoury Crate topic. It all started with an update and continued ever since.
Is it possible to rollback to a previous version and test if the problem still persists? Can I switch modes in a different manner? Can I setup BIOS in a SAFE MODE, even by lowering the performances?

thanks

Falcon_ASUS
__88__

How is this related to anything else but the ASUS Armoury Crate app?

I don't get a BSOD in any other circumstances, but only when I switch from TURBO/SILENT and reverse.

All mentioned steps are basic BSOD troubleshooting.

I'm sorry, but they hardly apply here.

I insist this is a specific Asus Armoury Crate topic. It all started with an update and continued ever since.

Is it possible to rollback to a previous version and test if the problem still persists? Can I switch modes in a different manner? Can I setup BIOS in a SAFE MODE, even by lowering the performances?

thanks

View post
@__88__
What are the BIOS version, operating system build version, and Armoury Crate version you are currently using?
Please refer to the following FAQ to upload the log file to the cloud storage, and then provide me with the link through the message.
[Gaming NB/DT] Armoury Crate Introduction (Ver5.0) | Official Support | ASUS GlobalQ5: What is App Diagnostics? (New Feature)
A5: In Armoury Crate "Settings"① and check "About"② page, If clicking App Diagnostics "Record Log"③, the Privacy Policy Statement will pop out. Once user agreed statement, the Armoury Crate will start to collect problem log and user can click "Generate log data"③ to generate the log file with encrypted (ASUS log file). After log saved, user can provide it to the repair center or technical supporter for further Armoury Crate problem diagnostics.
** I have sent you a message, please check.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.