System: ROG Scar 17
Battery or AC: Both
Model: ROG Scar 17
Frequency of occurrence: Bricked
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Boot to "Bitlocker Recover" blue screen. . After i connected up to an external SSD. I had not problem for 3 weeks. Then one night i left my computer in sleep over night. Tried to turn it on, and now my computer just got bricked, by not letting me pass the Bitlocker recover Screen
This has been posted by others and buck passed from ASUS to Microsoft as being the culprit.
If ASUS denies responsibility they need to tell us why the TPM decided that the hardware was changed in some way even when the hardware is changed back.
Is there anyway we can make windows think that its the same computer again??
on ther bitlocker screen it says "secure boot has been disabled". Is there a way we can re enable. I tried in BIOS but the option wasnt available.
Cant ASUS warn us before we get to being bricked.
ASUS is a big company, they need to kick microsoft ass on this. Basically Microsoft has done what any Ransomware hacker intends to do, lock and encrypt all your data on your harddrive. This blows my mind. Ive been effectively ransomwared by Microsoft Windows, but without a chance to pay to fix it. FU microsoft.
Next step if i cant get any more help is try wipe and reinstall, but some people claim this doesnt fix sh%t.
4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS
vinylrebellion
  1. System: ROG Scar 17
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: ROG Scar 17
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Bricked
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Boot to "Bitlocker Recover" blue screen. . After i connected up to an external SSD. I had not problem for 3 weeks. Then one night i left my computer in sleep over night. Tried to turn it on, and now my computer just got bricked, by not letting me pass the Bitlocker recover Screen

This has been posted by others and buck passed from ASUS to Microsoft as being the culprit.

1. If ASUS denies responsibility they need to tell us why the TPM decided that the hardware was changed in some way even when the hardware is changed back.
  2. Is there anyway we can make windows think that its the same computer again??
  3. on ther bitlocker screen it says "secure boot has been disabled". Is there a way we can re enable. I tried in BIOS but the option wasnt available.
  4. Cant ASUS warn us before we get to being bricked.
  5. ASUS is a big company, they need to kick microsoft ass on this. Basically Microsoft has done what any Ransomware hacker intends to do, lock and encrypt all your data on your harddrive. This blows my mind. Ive been effectively ransomwared by Microsoft Windows, but without a chance to pay to fix it. FU microsoft.

Next step if i cant get any more help is try wipe and reinstall, but some people claim this doesnt fix sh%t.

Bitlocker Locked ROG Scar Harddrive - Computer is BRICKED
@vinylrebellion
Please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] Troubleshooting - How to fix it shows BitLocker recovery screen after power o...Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Hi, can i do a factory reset? and reinstall windows.
If yes, is there a guide to what steps i should take.
Thank you

Falcon_ASUS
vinylrebellion

Hi, can i do a factory reset? and reinstall windows.

If yes, is there a guide to what steps i should take.

Thank you

View post
@vinylrebellion
Before restoring the system, you need to format the hard drive first.
If you are not familiar with the operation,  I would suggest you bring back your laptop to our service center.
The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.