This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zenbook q408ug

Ivan001
Star I

I woke up this morning, to my laptop with a battery warning, saying it was about to die, I immediately turned it off and charged it, a few minutes later I tried to turn it on normally like any laptop by pressing the power button, and it didnt turn on, I tried seeing if the power adapter was the problem but it charged my other electronics pretty fine. If I wiggled the charger in the port sometimes it would show the charging status light to be on and the power button on as well, but that would only last a few seconds. Then I went into the official asus website for trouble shooting, holding the power button, unplugging it and plugging it in again, different button sequences, etc. Then it got me to the Bitlocker screen where it asked for the key which I got eventually (also I don’t know why I got my computer was showing me BitLocker too?) ,but by the time I got the key, my laptop turned off again by itself. After that the most I got was the boot up screen, now it won’t turn on at all and no sign of power or light running through it even when plugged in. What can I do to fix? I really don’t want to pay the a repair shop and I’m willing to fix it myself if possible, but theres a lack of information on my model, unless I haven’t looked hard enough? I’m guessing its some hardware issue with the battery, but that’s just my guess. Oh yeah, also recently I got rid of a malware virus in the form of a browser extension which I still don’t know where it came from, it might’ve affected my laptop somehow maybe

1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS

@Ivan001 
Based on your description, it's possible that there is an issue with the AC jack or the motherboard. As the reported issue leans towards a hardware problem, from our perspective, we would recommend you take it to a repair center for further inspection.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 

Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.