Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) Wireless Disconnects/Freezes every FEW minutes

P1KA8
Star I
System: Zenwifi XT8
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.386_48706 and Version 9.0.0.4.386.48966
Frequency of occurrence: Freeze every FEW Minutes for 4 to 6 seconds then resumed automatically
Reset OS: Andriod 10 or IOS 14.0.1
Screenshot or video: NIL
========================
Detailed description:
Enabled Smart Connect or not, the same issue
Happened on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands
SSID no conflict with other people, not using common default names
Authentication: WPA2/WPA3 Personal
Encryption: AES
Protected Management Frames: Capable
2.4G/5G Channel Control Channel: AUTO or manual, the same issue

Symptoms and Issues
When using any real-time applications such as Whatsapp Video Conference, zoom video conference, or youtube live, etc. the image freezes every FEW minutes for 4 to 6 seconds then resumed automatically. I tried changing to different wireless settings and using different firmware versions (upgrade and downgrade), the issue still exists.

I fall back to previously using Synology router the issue was gone (all default WIFI settings).

Any resolution or I should have hardware replacement? Thank you very much.

5 REPLIES 5

Falcon_ASUS
P1KA8
  1. System: Zenwifi XT8
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.386_48706 and Version 9.0.0.4.386.48966
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Freeze every FEW Minutes for 4 to 6 seconds then resumed automatically
  5. Reset OS: Andriod 10 or IOS 14.0.1
  6. Screenshot or video: NIL

========================

Detailed description:

Enabled Smart Connect or not, the same issue

Happened on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands

SSID no conflict with other people, not using common default names

Authentication: WPA2/WPA3 Personal

Encryption: AES

Protected Management Frames: Capable

2.4G/5G Channel Control Channel: AUTO or manual, the same issue

Symptoms and Issues

When using any real-time applications such as Whatsapp Video Conference, zoom video conference, or youtube live, etc. the image freezes every FEW minutes for 4 to 6 seconds then resumed automatically. I tried changing to different wireless settings and using different firmware versions (upgrade and downgrade), the issue still exists.

I fall back to previously using Synology router the issue was gone (all default WIFI settings).

Any resolution or I should have hardware replacement? Thank you very much.

ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) Wireless Disconnects/Freezes every FEW minutes
@P1KA8
Here we mainly discuss the issues/questions related to ASUS laptop.
For your router questions, I suggest you contact our local call center to have further assistance.
Please refer to below and find the link of local call center.
ASUS - Contact UsSorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

Adriaan
Star I
I came here via the closed topic ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) Disconnects Wireless every 30 minutes. I know this forum is more targeted at laptops, but without it, I would have never found the issue. Hopefully, this topic does not get closed for that reason.
For me what did work was upgrading to the latest beta 9.0.0.4.386.48966. I know it didn't work for you, @P1KA8 but it might help others. ASUS drivers page: www.asus .com/Networking-IoT-Servers/Whole-Home-Mesh-WiFi-System/ZenWiFi-WiFi-Systems/ASUS-ZenWiFi-AX-XT8/HelpDesk_BIOS/ (remove the white space)
The description of that update is: "Fixed the AiMesh node connection issue if the WPA Pre-Share key is over 32 characters." I had a WiFi password of more than 32 characters. This might have been the issue for me. I only tested it for one night, so might need to come back here to say that it didn't work.
I just didn't want to downgrade to a way older version because of security patches that seemed to be included in more recent updates.

Jimmywick
Star I
1. Update your firmware regularly to get the latest updates for your router. You can either update on ASUSWRT or update manually.
2. Channel Bandwidth will affect your wireless speed performance and signal stability. In default, ASUS router will adjust the Channel Bandwidth automatically.
3. You can switch to a control channel with less interference.
4. Try to disable Smart Connect 

Regards,
J Wick

Adriaan
Star I
Just want to report that after having the latest beta 9.0.0.4.386.48966 for a week now, it still works great. No dropping connections and perfect WiFi all the time. Very happy I upgraded.