Battery or AC: AC
Model: ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) & Mini
Frequency of occurrence: Every few m inutes
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
Firmware : Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.386_45898
========================
Detailed description:
Since 'upgrading' my firmware my wifi network drops connection to the internet for clients every few minutes. This doesn't happen for wired Lan connections, the wan connection is definitely up, and it is solved by disconnecting from the wifi and reconnection.
Anyone any advice on how to fix this problem? Downgrade the firmware to a better version maybe?
43 REPLIES 43

Biters
Star I

I have the exact same problems over s year later with my dual xt8 setup since last fw update (3.0.0.4.388_22068). Only difference is that the slave router is disconnecting with a rapid blue flashing light. All devices connect to master router.

any sollutions? Is it possible that they still hasnt fixed this issue for a premium router?

what does asus say?

Here we mainly discuss the issues/questions related to ASUS laptop.
For your Router questions, I suggest you contact our local call center to have further assistance.
Please refer to below and find the link of local call center.
https://www.asus.com/support/Product/ContactUs/Services/questionform/?lang=en 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

My final solution to this problem where to return the XT8 pair and have it replaced with another set from the same batch of units from the dealer.

The replacement set seem to work fine althought it always fail on auto firmware update where the node never get updated correcly and fall of the network.
Also the lateset MS Surface 4 laptop has problem moving between nodes.

One big difference I noticed where at first startup where the first set had problem pairing. Had to reset both devices several times before I got them working. The second set I got very quickly paired and worked fine from the get-go.

billandrews
Star I

I bought a pair of XT8s 2 years ago.  They worked perfectly until I updated the Firmware. Wireless ceased working and  both could not be accessed by the discovery app or any other method.

After days of trying all ASUS suggestions : rebooting, factory reset etc ASUS said replace under warranty.  I waited a month using my tethered Iphone to run my business until I got fed up and  demanded a replacement or refund.  Bing Lee refunded me.  I went bought another pair. Booted up but Node was faulty. More stuffing around and ASUS "help" Took them back for replacement and got another pair of XT8 on Firmware  386_46061 and they are working perfectly. 46061 is mentioned as problematic but mine OK.

ASUS keep telling me to update the FW but I am reluctant.

It is very disappointing and bad business that ASUS does not come out and say what the problem is and how to fix it.  Hard to comprehend lack of transparency here.  I am an ASUS advocate usually. 

Bill

Here we mainly discuss the issues/questions related to ASUS laptop.

For your Router questions, please contact our local call center to have further assistance.

Please refer to below and find the link of local call center.

https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.