This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS L410M keyboard

MarkZen
Star I

Hello my question is about the keyboard on my L410M notebook.

I know there are many keyboard layouts for this model.

The keys I have questions about are the ones with three choices:

Underscore/dash/ ¼  key  
  and also the
+ / = / ½    key.

Since there are three choices on each key. What keystrokes do I use to choose each possibility?
Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Falcon_ASUS

@MarkZen 
To access the different characters on these keys, you typically use the "Shift" key in combination with the desired key. Here's a breakdown for each key:

Underscore/Dash/¼ Key:

Underscore: Press the key without holding down the "Shift" key.
Dash: Hold down the "Shift" key and then press the key.
¼: This character is often accessible using a combination with the "Alt Gr" or "Alt" key. Try holding down the "Alt Gr" or "Alt" key and pressing the key to access ¼.
Plus/Equals/½ Key:

Plus: Press the key without holding down the "Shift" key.
Equals: Hold down the "Shift" key and then press the key.
½: Similar to the ¼ key, you might need to use a combination with the "Alt Gr" or "Alt" key. Hold down the "Alt Gr" or "Alt" key and press the key to access ½.
Please note that the specific combinations can vary depending on your keyboard layout and regional settings. If you find that these suggestions don't work, you may want to refer to the documentation that came with your notebook or check the keyboard settings in your operating system for any specific configurations related to these characters.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@MarkZen 
To access the different characters on these keys, you typically use the "Shift" key in combination with the desired key. Here's a breakdown for each key:

Underscore/Dash/¼ Key:

Underscore: Press the key without holding down the "Shift" key.
Dash: Hold down the "Shift" key and then press the key.
¼: This character is often accessible using a combination with the "Alt Gr" or "Alt" key. Try holding down the "Alt Gr" or "Alt" key and pressing the key to access ¼.
Plus/Equals/½ Key:

Plus: Press the key without holding down the "Shift" key.
Equals: Hold down the "Shift" key and then press the key.
½: Similar to the ¼ key, you might need to use a combination with the "Alt Gr" or "Alt" key. Hold down the "Alt Gr" or "Alt" key and press the key to access ½.
Please note that the specific combinations can vary depending on your keyboard layout and regional settings. If you find that these suggestions don't work, you may want to refer to the documentation that came with your notebook or check the keyboard settings in your operating system for any specific configurations related to these characters.

Thanks very much Falcon for your help. I will relay your information to my mom and
hopefully everything will work as you described.  🙂