This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart connect on Web GUI ZenWiFi AC Mini (CD6)

Rizmo
Star I

I have a set of 1 CD6 AC mini router with 2 nodes. In the ASUS Router app (Network settings) I see the option Smart connect but in the web GUI I cannot find this option.

According to the post on https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/faq/wireless-router-how-to-configure-the-smart-connect-in-asus/ta-p/4082... I should go to 'Wireless > General > Switch the button on [Enable Smart Connect] to ON' but  I don't see it there. See screenshot. I am running the latest firmware, 3.0.0.4.386_49693-gecfd731.

Where can I find this option in the router GUI?

4 REPLIES 4

jzchen
Zen Master I

It's there as noted but also under Network Map, (yours is right under General, on my GT-BE98 it is under Advanced).

I double-checked but on my CD6 AC mini I don't see it under Wireless > General. Can you tell me where you see it listed?
I also checked Network map > General, but unfortunately no Smart connect there, see 2nd screenshot

Yes, I see it is not there in both locations as it should be.  Sadly, this may be a bug in the software.  Please try enabling it in the ASUS Router App as you saw the setting there.  (This is what I do if one or the other gives me trouble).

Rizmo
Star I

Yes, that's what I've done and it works; first enabling wireless scheduler on the web GUI and after that enabling Smart connect again through the app. After that, wireless scheduler stays active so that's nice. But it's a workaround, would be nice if Smart connect is also available through the GUI (or at least stays active when you change settings in the web GUI...)