This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a strange problem two days ago that my twin routers do not respond to wired network

Sarma
Star I

I have been using my home CAT5 network for for almost 25 years. I used several routers such as TP link, Negear and Cisco. Three years back I switched to ASUS Mesh and I was happy until two days back - suddenly, the ethernet connection (all three ports) stopped working. None of the devices such as T-Mobiles booster, Sony TV, TCL TV, Roku Ultra, Amazon stick, etc. work anymore. The PC gives weird "unidentified network with no internet" that was getting IP from DHCP of the router.

What is happening suddenly? Please someone could help me. Thanks in advance.

SP

2 REPLIES 2

jzchen
Zen Master I

Which model ASUS router?  Release firmware (starts with 3) or beta (starts with 9)?

Here are some steps to help diagnose and hopefully resolve the problem:

Power Cycle Your Devices:

Router: Unplug the power cable from your ASUS Mesh router, wait about 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.
Modem: If you have a separate modem, do the same for it.
Devices: Restart your PC and any other devices connected to the network.
Check Physical Connections:

Ensure that all Ethernet cables are securely connected. Sometimes cables can come loose or become damaged.
Try using different Ethernet cables to rule out cable issues.
If you have a switch in your network, make sure it’s working correctly.
Inspect LED Indicators:

Check the LED lights on your router and any switches. They can provide clues about the status of your network. Typically, a solid light indicates normal operation, while blinking or off lights can indicate problems.
Test Different Ports:

Plug your Ethernet cable into different ports on the router. This helps determine if a specific port might be malfunctioning.
Verify Router Settings:

Access your router’s admin interface (usually through a web browser) to check for any configuration issues. Look for DHCP settings to ensure it's set up correctly to assign IP addresses.
Network Adapter Issues:

On your PC, go to Device Manager and check if the network adapter is functioning properly. Update the network adapter drivers if necessary.
Try resetting the network adapter: Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following commands:
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns

Firmware Update:

Check if there’s a firmware update available for your ASUS Mesh router. Sometimes bugs are fixed in newer firmware versions.
Factory Reset:

As a last resort, you might consider performing a factory reset on your ASUS Mesh router. This will erase all custom settings and return the router to its default state. Make sure to back up any important configuration before doing this.
ISP Issues:

Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to see if there are any outages or issues on their end. Sometimes, problems can be related to external factors
Best Regards,
New York State of Health