This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pack of 3 XD5 cannot be added asnode in AImesh into pack of 3 of XD5

UncleOYA
Star I

I have bought 2 packs of 3 XD5 for the whole house. I have setup 1 pack of 3 with no problems. When I tried to add another node(4th) from the 2nd pack of 3, it does not work. It can detect but cannot be added. I have tried the 5th and 6th but also faces the same problem.
When I switch over setting up the 2nd pack of 3 as main, and tried to add the 4th, 5th, 6th node,  it does not work too. It can also detect but cannot add it in.
I have factory reset all. I have tried to add using the app and also using direct ip address to login the router page but all yield the same results.
Anyone faces this problem?

4 REPLIES 4

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @UncleOYA ,

based on your issue, may I ask have you make sure that all the XD5 is at the latest firmware verison?

May I ask whether you're using wired or wireless connection?

Have you try to cross test with the different XD5?

You can refer to the following FAQ to bind your device to one specific AiMesh router or AiMesh node.

[AiMesh] How to bind my device to one specific AiMesh router or AiMesh node? | Official Support | AS...

Thank you.

@Aureliannn_ASUS at first no but later on I have updated it to the latest version. I am currently using the wired version but I have also tried the wireless method.
Yes. I have cross test with all the different XD5 as the primary. if they belong to the same package 1 set, no problem connecting. 4th node onwards from the next pack detected but fails.

jzchen
Rising Star II

Have you tried Ethernet (from LAN of primary router to WAN of node) and try to add node?  (This works on non-ZenWiFi ASUS routers, which I have sole experience of sadly).

@jzchen Yes. I have tried on LAN to  Node WAN and it discovered but could not be added. Then I have also tried on wifi only. same results even thou placed side by side.