This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AX89X - After Update - Bugs wifi 5ghz

Funstaf
Star II

Hello, I saw on the support site that there is a newer firmware (ASUS RT-AX89X Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_32407). I performed an update and after restarting my router, I could no longer see or connect to the 5Ghz wifi on my different devices. In addition, on wifi 6 mode the AX mode was not visible (only N/AC). Unable to connect anymore, I decided to revert to the previous version (ASUS RT-AX89X Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.47468).

Unfortunately, I didn't think to take screenshots. If you ever want to have one, I will do another test to show you the differences.

Can you tell me if it is normal that the 5Ghz wifi is no longer visible on the new firmware version please?

12 REPLIES 12

I took the firmware file from the France page. I see that 802.11ax mode is activated via another option but I don't understand why 30 minutes after restarting the router, 5Ghz wifi still does not appear. And in fact I no longer know how to change the mode since the option has been modified to N/AC mixed.
No problem, I'll put back the old firmware to avoid problems. Because the devices on this network are no longer connected and for the Aimesh network, well, nothing is connected either. This is not normal, but I will wait for a more stable firmware I hope. I tried a hard reset and it didn't change anything. Thanks anyway for the answers.

Hi @Funstaf ,

Based on your issue, we recommend changing the Wireless mode to "auto" to see the WiFi 6 option (802.11ax). 

If you select the "n/ac" mode, the system assumes that you only want to use "n/ac" mode, and the WiFi 6 mode is hidden.

Please follow these steps:

1. Set the Wireless mode back to "auto."
  2. Observe the network performance.

You can also try fixing the 5G channel to CH36 to see if it helps. 

If you encounter any further issues or have additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

You can refer to the picture as below.

Thank you.

Hi @Funstaf ,

regarding your question "5Ghz wifi still does not appear," are you referring to the SemprFi_5G network not appearing? 

Additionally, do you want to set the 5GHz band to N/AC/AX? 

We recommend that you submit a feedback form through the Web GUI (http://www.asusrouter.com).

Here's how to do it:

1. Connect your device to your router and log in to the Web GUI (http://www.asusrouter.com).
  2. Find “Administration” and click on “Feedback.”
  3. Fill in your region, email (required field), ASUS Service No./Case No. (not required), select the feedback problem, and provide a description. You can also include comments or suggestions. More details will help us analyze the issue you've encountered more efficiently.
  4. Read and accept the agreement and click “I agree.”
  5. Click “Send” to submit your feedback.

Afterward, please provide the product serial number, the time when you submitted the issue report, the email used for the issue report, and the time when the issue occurred via private message. This information will assist us in addressing your concern. Thank you.

Hello, I have already tried everything you noted. We see in the screenshots that the menus have changed even if the options have been separated to activate or not the AX. I reinstalled old firmware and it works fine. I will no longer update this version of the firmware, because my 5Ghz Wifi only appears 30 minutes later. This is not possible for a box that has never had a problem. I prefer to wait for another firmware version to see if it will be better.
Thanks anyway for the answers.

“I will no longer update this version of firmware, because my 5 GHz WiFi only appears 30 minutes later.”  Prior you said it did not appear after 30 minutes?  Anyways this checkbox if you turn it off may help:

Sélecion de canaux automatique, dont canaux DFS

Those channels are used by airplanes or maybe neighbors’ WiFi, if detected 5 GHz might not transmit…