cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus router app issues

JoffeLaiNeN
Star II

Hello!

I have an issue with the asus router app for android. Using an iPhone works fine with connecting to the router, but the android does not find any devices to connect to.

both phones are connected to the same network. And I have done a hard reset on the router trying to re-install it with the android. When in the installation phase the router appears on the android but it fails to connect, where the iPhone instantly connects following the exact same steps.

proceeded to installing the router via computer, after a second reset, connected by cable instead. The android still does not connect to the router via the app while the iPhone does… updated router firmware and still nothing… I’m out of ideas, how about you guys?

not that it should matter, but the router is a RT-AC85P

8 REPLIES 8

I haven’t found out if the Android ASUS router app works with this model upon precursor research, but I’m afraid it is listed on ASUS’s EOL list, sadly:

https://www.asus.com/event/network/eol-product/

Thanks a bunch for your time spent researching on my behalf!

this might be the problem with connecting to an account at least. Could also be the main issue regarding compability with the app in general for android, a bit unlikely seeing that it still works fine with the iOS version, but what do I know 🤷‍:male_sign:

not the biggest problem in the world, still unsolved to this date and most likely giving up on fixing this without any further suggestions from this community 😅

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @JoffeLaiNeN ,

thank you for the information you've provided. 

We've passed your details on to our relevant backend team for analysis. 

Please be patient and wait for any updates or messages from us. Thank you.

Hi @JoffeLaiNeN ,

we need you to confirm the following issues. 
First, please check if you have obtained the correct IP at the moment. 
You can also use other devices to confirm whether the device is displayed in the client list on the webUI.
If the issue persists, please provide a screenshot of the error message or any other information during the anomaly. 
Additionally, use both webUI and the APP to provide feedback at the time of the issue, including the app version and your phone's operating system version for our verification.
Then, please send the product serial number, the time of submitting the issue report, the email used for filling out the issue report, and the time when the issue occurred via private message.

Thank you.