This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF Gaming B650-Plus Disk Surprised Removed (Sleep/Wake Issue)

DCeric
Star I

This is regarding the TUF Gaming B650-Plus motherboard. After going to sleep and waking the system one of my drives Surprise Removes itself. Hoping to see a fix for this.

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @DCeric 

May I ask if the situation you described happened after any changes were made?
For example, updating the BIOS or the installation of an external drive?
Could you please provide the current BIOS version for the TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI?
When the PC wakes up from sleep/hibernation mode and the drive is Surprised Removed, does a reboot at that point allow the system to recognize the drive again? or have you attempted to address this issue by clearing the CMOS?
Is the unrecognized drive an external drive?
If so, we recommend trying to set USB power delivery in the soft-off state (S5) to [enabled] in the BIOS, saving the changes, and then checking again.
If the problem persists, kindly offer more detailed information about the scenario and hardware specifications to help us better understand your current issue.

Thank you.

DCeric
Star I

Honestly I had a friend help me build it this time as I had previously had issues with a faulty MSI board. However they weren't aware of the issue. Yes upon restart the drive comes back so it's just during sleep and wake that it happens. I have not reset the CMOS as they were having issues with RAM and AUTO OC. There has to be steps taken to get that working again. It's not USB it's SATA internal. To be honest not sure if it's the PCIe 8x Sata Controller or the MOBO. But I thought I'd state it none the less. Heard another person had the same issue regarding their NVME slot's. Yes I'm aware different controller different issues and that issue may actually be resolved from a BIOS update. I disabled sleep currently to prevent from "surprise remove" happening again.

Hello, @DCeric 

Based on your description, have you attempted to update to the latest BIOS 1811 released on October 16, 2023, and cleared CMOS to troubleshoot the issue?
If the problem is related to SATA devices, as the TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI has four SATA ports, we recommend cross-testing different ports after clearing CMOS and avoiding the use of adapters or extension cables.

If possible, please also try connecting other SATA devices to isolate the issue.

Thank you.