This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change primary PCI slot (PCI slot to show BIOS)

essel
Star I

I recently bought a TUF B650-plus motherboard and I seem to be missing an option my previous motherboard had. I was able to change whether I wanted to use the first or second PCIe slot as the primary slot, is there a way to enable this in the ASUS TUF BIOS that I am not seeing or is it not possible on this motherboard?

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @essel 

After verifying the BIOS manual for the TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI, it appears that under the BIOS settings, the "Primary Video Device" option only offers the choices of [IGFX Video] and [PCIE Video], and there is no option to adjust the display order for the two PCIe slots.

According to the user manual, both PCIe X16 slots on the motherboard support specifications of 4.0/3.0.
If necessary, you may manually swap and install the graphics cards in these slots to make adjustments as needed.

Thank you.

essel
Star I

I would like to keep the most powerful card in the primary slot so I don't lose any performance due to the second slot being only x4 lanes. I want the primary video output to be the second card, so that the card in the first slot is available for me to assign from the OS.

Hello, @essel 

Could you please clarify what you mean by "PCIEX16_2 x4" in your description?
Please share details about the brand and model of the GPU you are currently using, whether any adapter is being used for connection, and screenshots or videos confirming the bandwidth and speed.
According to the BIOS manual settings page 56, the TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI offers x16 bandwidth only for PCIEX16_1, while PCIEX16_2 has a maximum bandwidth of x8.

Considering your requirements and the motherboard specifications, we recommend installing your primary card in PCIEX16_1.

Thank you.