cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime h410m-e doesn't start with RTX4070

Dollop
Star I

Hi, 

After upgrading to the new graphics card RTX4070 from Asus the PC doesn't start. Without the graphics card inserted it starts OK. It works with the old graphics card 2030.

When I enable the CSM Support the PC starts. Windows detects the RTX4070 (in device manager only) in the system, but it doesn't output any video signal and Nvidia control panel does not start.

What is possible to do? 

Maybe there are some bios setting that I miss to change. The bios has all defaults loaded... 

Or the mother board is old for the graphics card?

The PSU is 750W new out of the box 

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @Dollop 

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the delayed response.
According to the PRIME H410M-E manual, the supported specification is PCIe 3.0 x 16.
Although the specific brand and model of the RTX 4070 are not provided, its specification is likely PCIe 4.0, and this may result in compatibility issues upon installation.
Could you please confirm if your BIOS version has been updated to the latest version 1630 and if the CMOS has been cleared before enabling CSM?
We recommend verifying that all hardware and power connections are properly installed. If necessary, please consider cross-testing with a higher-wattage PSU.

Thank you.