This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS TUF GAMING B650M-E

BORETS
Star II

Hi, I bought this motherboad specially because it have PS/2 connector but faced problems using PS/2 keyboard: when I saved something in BIOS then I can't enter in BIOS again, DEL of F2 buttons have not effect, also if I have failed overclock message like Press F1 to continue,  F1 not working.  I can enter to BIOS using PS/2 keyboard without any problems only if I loaded in Windows 11 then reboot system now then DEL and F2 buttons for enter BIOS work! Wnen I'm using USB keyboard then no bugs.... but I bought this motherboard for usinng PS/2 keyboard!

Second bug I have with my sibling Russian language localization in BIOS- some settings caused PC freezes in BIOS afer save changes... One example of setting which caused freezes PC in BIOS using Russian language is Advanced>Onboard device configuration>LED Lighting>When system is in sleep,hibernate or soft off states. When I'm using English language in BIOS then I have not any problems.

My steps for fix bugs but no effect:
1. Tried BIOS 2413 and newest 2613 versions
2. Used CLR_CMOS for reset BIOS settings
Attached video file with proof of PC freezes in BIOS using Russian language. I hope you're will fix PS/2 and Russian language bugs in BIOS, thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Hello, @BORETS 

We apologize for keeping you waiting.
Regarding the issue with the PS/2 keyboard not functioning after saving and rebooting in the BIOS, we were unable to replicate your problem.
Therefore, kindly cross-test with another PS/2 keyboard to verify the issue or adjust BIOS settings before connecting the PS/2 keyboard.
As for the problem with the inability to save after switching to Russian in the BIOS, we have successfully replicated it and are currently conducting further analysis.
If you have any configuration requirements in the meantime, please proceed with setting them in English or another language.

Thank you.

Hi @Jiaszzz_ASUS , thank you! I have one more PS/2 keyboard and facing issue too with it... Are you tried to cause case such as my video when failed overclocking PC and showing  "Press F1 to Run SETUP"?

I want to add one more bug with PS/2 keyboard:
1. In Windows go to sleep mode
2. I see PS/2 Num Lock indicator stop shine like PS/2 keyboard lost power supply in sleep mode and we can't wake PC using PS/2 keyboard by any key!

I have 3 PCs at home, and my another PCs with Socket AM4 and Socket FM2+ have Num Lock indicator shining in sleep mode an I can wake PC from sleep mode using PS/2 keyboard by pressing any key and PS/2 keyboard always functioning after save settings and BIOS and reboot or after failed overclocking Press F1 to Run Setup F1 working.
I'm very sorry that you can't  to reproduce bugs.  I'm ready to go untill to the end and help to ASUS developers to fix PS/2 keyboard bugs. If you need additional info I will try to give it!

Thank you!

Hello, @BORETS 

May I ask if it is only in the scenario of a failed overclocking attempt after a reboot that the PS/2 keyboard becomes unresponsive?
This means if there are no failures after BIOS settings and a reboot, the PS/2 keyboard won't exhibit any abnormalities?

Regarding the issue of being unable to wake the system from sleep using the PS/2 keyboard, we suggest referring to the instructions in "[Windows 11/10] Change Power mode and plan" to verify if there are any further power restrictions under "Change advanced power settings".
Also, please confirm if "ErP Ready" in BIOS is set to "Disable" and check for any other power settings.

Thank you.

EDIT:  The testing video, as provided, shows a memory overclocking failure at 1:04, yet the PS/2 keyboard still functions in the BIOS.