Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My laptop was stolen and I will need to determine the mac address

Fly_Fish
Star I

My laptop was stolen and I will need to determine the mac address

1.  The laptop of the ASUS Rog Strix G17 (G733ZS) model was stolen 
2.  I found out about the loss very late because I was busy with work.
3. I have a laptop box and I see that the thief is using my device 
4.  I can see the activity of my google account on this account connected on this laptop
5.  I submitted an official application to the police and they have already started searching for the laptop... But we need the mac address of the network card to make a request to local providers... Since previously the request was given only with a Serial number

I need the help of the technical department to determine the Mac Address of the device's network card. I have a device box with all the data. I can tell you where and when I used it and what I did.

Pls help me!!!

2 REPLIES 2

camilasaunder89
Rising Star I

You should immediately contact the tracking system provider they will be able to find the Mac location. 

Anbby_ASUS

Hi @Fly_Fish ,

I'm sorry to hear about your stolen laptop. Since the MAC address is part of personal data, manufacturers do not record this information. If your laptop has ever connected to your home or workplace router, you can log into the router's management page and view the list of connected devices to find your laptop and its MAC address.

Additionally, the local service team can make a note in our system. If your laptop is sent in for repair, we will notify the police to take further action.

If you have reported the incident to the local police department to obtain the relevant documents, please contact your local customer service to complete the record.

Here is the contact information:
ASUS Support

The above information is provided for your reference.