cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF-RTX4070TI-O12G-GAMING hot spot temperature

An0maly
Star I

Hello,  

I have 4070ti and I see core temps 73°C and hot spot peak is 97°C.  All the time when core is above 70 hot spot is above 92°C.   Is this OK?  that means delta is more than 20°C .   I have the card for  6 months now.   Card is not overcloaked.  

would repaste  lower hot spot?

4 REPLIES 4

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @An0maly ,

based on your issue, have you confirmed that the graphics card is correctly installed? 

You can refer to the following link for guidance: Graphics card installation guide.

Accumulation of dust, hair, tobacco oil, and various particles in the environment may affect the performance or even reduce the hardware lifespan of the graphics card. 

Cleaning these impurities will effectively extend the graphics card's lifespan. 

We recommend cleaning your graphics card regularly; please refer to the following FAQ: How to clean the graphics card.

Where did you obtain temperature information? 

Is it from the BIOS or GPU Tweak III? 

Please provide a temperature graph for our reference.

You can also try applying new thermal paste to see if the temperature issue persists.

Additionally, please provide all the model numbers, including memory, hard drive, motherboard, power supply, etc. 

Also, provide the BIOS version and OS version.

Thank you.

The same for my TUF-RTX4070TI-O12G-GAMING (Aura and all LED is OFF).
In games (COD:MW2 - 1 session. hdr 4k ultra dlss) upto 75 GPU and 93 hotspot.
When idle - 29/39 - GPU Tweak  Default Mode
Data from AIDA 64 and GPU Tweak
The VGA is new. Installed and working correctly.
But what to do with the heating issue?  What is the temperature for the warranty service? 

The case is Deepcool MATREXX 55 MESH ADD-RGB 4F, 3 coolers in 1 out.
Mother is MSI Pro z790-a
Segotep 850w Gold
CPU  - 14700k
Cooler - Deepcool ak620 
DDR5 6000 - but in non-XPM mode

An0maly
Star I

Hi,

Yes, it is correctly installed, no dust, with enough clearance at the bottom. I have 3x120mm intake + 1x140m intake at the bottom, blowing on gpu, 3x120mm for exhaust.   I also removed side panel of the case and the temps are the same on gpu and cpu so I think I have enough airflow.   difference between core and hot spot was 16°C at the beginning now I see it is 22°C+  . Memory temp is 63°C. Core 72°C and hot spot 95°C.  I think my gpu has a warranty sticker on screw. Eh this is so easy like changing oil and filter on a car.... don’t know why user cant change thermal paste jao hahah  

for monitoring I am using MSI afterburner, HWiNFO64 and AIDA 64, 

Can upload here aida report of PC, because this site can only take jpg, so bvelow is dropbox link to aida64 report

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/358eg6sc2g8rsbbttqzhr/Report.htm?rlkey=uvjslvuqixx46ot3bs3q15gk2&dl=0

All temps in my PC are perfect, on gpu hot spot is for me too high, is this normal?

best regards

hahah I just repasted it with grizly cryonaut and now core is 60°C and hot spot 70°C .

I also write to asus and they say 95°C is normal and do not open card warranty void if so.. So I now have no warranty=)  but awesome temps  this is normal  ASUS teh support sux lol