System: Asus Expertbook B1400CEPE
Battery or AC: Both
Model: B1400CEPE
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Not necessary
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I am not able to update to Windows 11 22H2. Windows update is showing this message:
Coming soon: Windows 11, version 22H2
Windows 11, version 22H2 is on its way to your device. There's nothing that requires your attention at the moment. Once the update is ready for your device, you'll see it available on this page.
After some reading, it turns out that my device is affected by safeguard block of known issue: Compatibility issues with Intel Smart Sound Technology drivers and Windows 11 (I was going to attach the link here, but turns out it's not allowed yet).
It's on 11th gen Intel and my Intel SST current driver version is exactly 10.29.0.5152. Immediately checked MyAsus and Asus support website for updates, but both show nothing yet for the SST.
Asus support team, please update Intel SST driver for Expertbook B1400 so that we can update to Windows 11 22H2 as soon as possible. Thank you.
20 REPLIES 20

zarocs
Star III
neilwhumphrey

I don't see a new Win 11 Intel SST driver for the Expertbook P2451FA yet. Is there one?

In looking for a workaround I tried the RealTek drivers instead of the Intel SST drivers. I think the key for me as the system won't let me delete the Intel SST drivers was to select the RealTek drivers for all my audio before rebooting. After the reboot I checked all my audio to see it RealTek was enabled and they were. Check the Device Manager and as expected the Intel SST drivers were still there.

To my surprise when I checked Win 11 update, the 22H2 update was there to download and install. After a restore point, backup and making sure update couldn't download Intel drivers, I took a deep breathe and did the download and install. Checked to make sure all the audio apps had RealTek enabled. I did the reboot and no BSOD.....sigh of relief.

For sure I'll still need the new Intel SST drivers as dealing with a BSOD is a real time killer even though you learn some stuff. I don't want to go there.

View post
Good to know things work for you. I still want to do the upgrade the proper way to avoid more problem in the future. Before this, I had problem with always-crashing Asus System Control Interface. Turns out that Asus driver for Intel Iris Xe Graphics was outdated and causing incompatibility with newer Asus System Control Interface.
So, more waiting for now, I guess....

Falcon_ASUS
zarocs

@Falcon_ASUS

I have updated the Intel SST using driver for B1400CEPEY as you suggested.

After updating, "Intel Smart Sound Technology (Intel SST) Audio Controller" in the System Devices changed to "Intel Smart Sound Technology BUS" with version as follows:

asus-intel-sst.jpg

Strangely, the IntcAudioBus.sys file version changed into 10.24.00.7767. Why it is not version 10.29.00.7767 or 10.30.00.7767? Previously, it was version 10.30.00.5152 as mentioned in the Microsoft Compatibility issue web article.

asus-intel-sst-intcaudiobus-version.jpg

Still I have not offered update to Windows 11 22H2, as you can see below:

asus-no-update.jpg

Please advise.

View post
@zarocs
I have forwarded the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

zarocs
Star III
For information, after waiting for several days after driver update, today I got the update offer to Windows 11 22H2. I will try to upgrade tomorrow and report back here.

zarocs
Star III
Done updating just now. Let see how it perform in my system.

zarocs
Star III
@Falcon_ASUS
I found that now AI noise-cancelling feature is not working in Windows 11 22H2. Pressing the button on the keyboard has no effect and no on-screen message like before, and the settings for this feature in MyASUS are also completely gone (both Mic and Speaker noise cancellations).
b1400-ai-nc-key.png
myasus.jpg
Also I noticed that the battery icon keeps showing charging icon, even though the charging has stopped at 80% (I use Balanced mode for Battery Health Charging in MyASUS that supposedly stops the charging at 80%).
batteryicon.jpg
Please advise, since I often use the AI noise-cancellation feature. Thank you.