Chintan_Devgani
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: 5z
Firmware Version: latest. 70
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:most of the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): auto rotate
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Auto rotate is not working properly most of the times in my 5z. I have to restart phone several times to make it work. I don't know if it's hardware or software issue. This issue was in previous builds also. I think the rotation sensor is turning off randomly after i restart the mobile. I had to download CPU-Z to awake the rotation sensors. I have also tried in SAFE MODE and the problem still exists.
19 REPLIES 19

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/26113/auto-rotate-is-not-working-properly-on-5z

I observed this problem more often in Android 10 sometimes app gets stuck in landscape mode without any left or right tilts also only option to fix this issue i always do is just clear app in which i fave this issue and restarting app problem is gone 😞

View post
Sometimes, in Android 10, it even turns off rotation (can be seen in the shortcut option, in notification center, when sliding down on any screen.)

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, we'd request you follow the below steps:
1. Clear system cache.
2. Try the same under safe mode:
Hold the power button for 5 seconds => When the screen flashes with option => Press & hold power option => You will get an option to restart in safe mode
3. If still you face the issue factory reset your phone after taking a full backup.

ramneek2110
Rising Star I
yes facing same issue

Chintan_Devgani
Rising Star I
Victor0_ASUS

1. Clear system cache.

Hold the power button for 5 seconds => When the screen flashes with option => Press & hold power option => You will get an option to restart in safe mode

3. If still you face the issue factory reset your phone after taking a full backup.

View post
I have tried in safe mode but the problem still exists. This issue was before on A9 also and after A10 it became more severe. I have reset the phone after upgrading to A10 but no luck.

sidarya31
Rising Star II
Victor0_ASUS

1. Clear system cache.

View post
This issue is really there in 5z,everyone facing it.