This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File transfer not working

giorgio_barduan
Star II
After update to android 10, the file transfer via USB cable doesn't work anymore. I'm quite sure that It was working on Android 9. When I open the USB settings,all the entries are grey, I can't choose anything.
The PC Is a HP pavilion, Windows 10
7 REPLIES 7

giorgio_barduan
Star II
Ok, I think It"s an issue of my phone. I selected the developer mode and set the USB preferences to "transfer files" (I don't know the correct settings name in english, my phone language is italiano). Then I disabled the developer options and I went back to USB preferences and I found all the entries gray and the selected entry was the last " no file transfer"

giorgio_barduan
Star II
Resolved. It was so easy, i had only to cange the cable. An ordinary Amazon basic cable worked fine, while the cable that came with the phone not. Maybe it's damaged.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
giorgio.barduani

Resolved. It was so easy, i had only to cange the cable. An ordinary Amazon basic cable worked fine, while the cable that came with the phone not. Maybe it's damaged.

View post
Contact your local ASUS Support for a replacement, the cable is covered under your warranty. I'm happy to hear you found the issue!