This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No HDMI output when USB-C hub plugged in? Recent update?

Haagsma
Star I
System: Windows 10 22H2
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX581GV.309
Frequency of occurrence: Every-time
Reset OS: Reboot, not reformat
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
The recently updated my asus drivers the 'Asus Control Panel Toolkit V1.2.12.0 and Asus toolkit 2019.09.20 and ScreenXpertDriver_ASUS_Z_V3.0.6.0_14633. Windows also updated the ASUS firmware ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. - Firmware - 10.1.2.309 and ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. - System - 3.1.8.0

Now, When I have my USB-C dock connected an Alogic MX2 Lite HDMI edition with 2 HDMI ports but only 1 works with this laptop for some reason I get no HDMI output on my laptop, when I have the USB unpluged i get HDMI output.
Anyone else experience this? Getting sick and tired of the crappy drivers from Asus to be honest...
3 REPLIES 3

Haagsma
Star I
After swapping around my screens and plugging and unplugging the hdmi on the USB-C hub the screen has returned. No idea why. Anyone know if there is a display limit with the USB-C output tho with the zenbook duo UX581? I can only output to 1 screen.

Falcon_ASUS
Haagsma

After swapping around my screens and plugging and unplugging the hdmi on the USB-C hub the screen has returned. No idea why. Anyone know if there is a display limit with the USB-C output tho with the zenbook duo UX581? I can only output to 1 screen.

View post
@Haagsma
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the compatibility and stability of external devices with you.
Please confirm if the output display is normal through USB-C.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.