This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space edition heating, sleep/hibernate not working and auto login for the first power up.

bmcalex
Star I
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX5401ZAS Space edition
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: The laptop gets hot when I choose sleep mode or hibernate on both battery and plugin.
I tried to stop all unnecessary service including all ASUS service but no avail.
Actually sleep and hibernate is simply fake as the HDD LED still has activity and when I open the laptop lid it is instantly on even on hibernate.

Also when I power on the laptop for the very first time it login automatically to Windows although I have a finger print and a PIN password. This is a serious problem for me and it never happened with any laptop I had before.
I regret buying Zenbook space edition over the Apple M2 or even M1 mac.
I switched back to my old MacBook pro laptop till these issues are fixed or get rid of the laptop anytime soon.
21 REPLIES 21

bmcalex
Star I
FongPoui

@bmcalex

"I will update Windows now to 22H2 which is available now although I doubt it will fix my issues!"

I am waiting to see if you will get the same error code as mine: 0Xc000005!!!

View post
Update went successful without any errors.
Still my issues exactly the same though 😞
1- Fake Sleep and Hibernate
2- Auto login without requiring Finger Print or PIN when turning the machine on for the first time.
3- Getting hot due to problem number 1.

FongPoui
Rising Star II
I got this issue once when I closed mine. I found that my bluetooth mouse and in particular my pen were rolling in my back.
I would shut down all bluetooths (pen, mouse, touchpad...) and click on "sleep mode)" to see if a forced sleep is ok or not.
For your prompt login without finger print, I will try by creating a local account and use that account for a while and see if the problem persists.

bmcalex
Star I
FongPoui

I got this issue once when I closed mine. I found that my bluetooth mouse and in particular my pen were rolling in my back.

I would shut down all bluetooths (pen, mouse, touchpad...) and click on "sleep mode)" to see if a forced sleep is ok or not.

For your prompt login without finger print, I will try by creating a local account and use that account for a while and see if the problem persists.

View post
I did your suggestions but nothing is fixed 😞
Unless you mean a few days by 'for a while'?!

FongPoui
Rising Star II
At your place, I would return it back to Asus.
For mine, there is a premium warranty on site. The technical support team from Asus in Bangkok came twice at home and solved the found issues. The first one is about a service error made by McAfee virus protector. I uninstalled it and the error message disappeared. The second one concerns Fan issue, which was the misjudgement of MyAsus App. This issue just got solved last week with MyAsus app update.
Remark: for the two on site services, I didn't paid a baht.

bmcalex
Star I
Th
FongPoui

At your place, I would return it back to Asus.

For mine, there is a premium warranty on site. The technical support team from Asus in Bangkok came twice at home and solved the found issues. The first one is about a service error made by McAfee virus protector. I uninstalled it and the error message disappeared. The second one concerns Fan issue, which was the misjudgement of MyAsus App. This issue just got solved last week with MyAsus app update.

Remark: for the two on site services, I didn't paid a baht.

View post
Thanks.
I am not sure if I can 😞
I bought it from UAE almost two months ago and returned back to Egypt.

I doubt ASUS has any technical support here in Egypt.

I will see what I can do, but I am sure I regret buying it over the MacBook Pro very badly.