This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colour banding issue

friendsandvis
Star II
Hi I have recently purchased a zenbook pro duo 15 OLED(UX582) laptop and I have noticed colour banding issue on my primary screen(oled screen).I want to know if this issue is a manufacturing defect on my device or some settings related issue.My device is still under warranty period so if I am be sure its a manufacturing defect I can raise a service request to asus.Can someone please confirm if these laptops tend to have colour banding on the primary oled screen or not.
9 REPLIES 9

Falcon_ASUS
friendsandvis

Hi I have recently purchased a zenbook pro duo 15 OLED(UX582) laptop and I have noticed colour banding issue on my primary screen(oled screen).I want to know if this issue is a manufacturing defect on my device or some settings related issue.My device is still under warranty period so if I am be sure its a manufacturing defect I can raise a service request to asus.Can someone please confirm if these laptops tend to have colour banding on the primary oled screen or not.

Colour banding issue
@friendsandvis
What is the full model name of your laptop ?
[Notebook] How to check the model name and BIOS version | Official Support | ASUS GlobalCould you please provide me pictures for confirmation?
Thank you.

friendsandvis
Star II
@Falcon_ASUS Model name for my laptop is (UX582LR_UX582LR) and attaching a sample of colour banding i see on my screen.

Falcon_ASUS
friendsandvis

@Falcon_ASUS Model name for my laptop is (UX582LR_UX582LR) and attaching a sample of colour banding i see on my screen.

20220822-200057-hdr.jpg

View post
@friendsandvis
Did you turn on HDR?
What is the OS version and VGA driver you are currently using?
Could you please provide me the link to this test video?
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

friendsandvis
Star II
@Falcon_ASUS
windows display options has HDR toggle off if that's what you meant by HDR.
OS:Windows 10 Home 64bit(Version   10.0.19043 Build 19043)
VGA Drivers:
Nvidia- studio driver(516.94)
Intel- UHD graphics(30.0.101.1218)

test video:youtube video named "Color banding test v2.01 | Test your display | #8"(sorry cannot put a link as i do not have the permission to post links yet)
Hope the information helps.